“A gorgeous view and delicious food make a perfect match”
Review of Fins at Sharky's

Fins at Sharky's
Ranked #15 of 242 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Florida
“A gorgeous view and delicious food make a perfect match”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Started with the mango mojito - yum. Lobster bisque was flavorful in an attractive presentation.

Foccacia bread came with four spreads. Each one was delicious.

Burrata salad had a good combination of creamy mozzarella and crunchy salad greens and tomatoes. Just the right touch of acidity in the dressing.

Rib eye was cooked as requested. Well marbled so flavorful.

Staff is attentive, helpful and friendly.

• Arabic first
  • Serbian first
Venice, Florida
“Over priced poor quality fish”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Went to Fins for the first time for our 36 anniversary. The place looks upscale but the food was expensive and a poor quality. I had hog fish which when it came out had a fishy odor. It had little flavor, tasting like it had been steamed. For 33 dollars for this fish I was very disappointed. Also had an appetizer which was brie baked with pears. Sounded tasty but it too had little flavor. I will not go back to Fins. The food was not good and it was expensive. To be fair I did like the bread they served before the meal.

4 Thank rkclassic1
“A Big Disappointment”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We had a disappointing first time experience at the new upscale Fins in Venice. Menu was limited and overpriced.. Portions are small and tasteless. Cocktails are also overpriced.We ordered a caeser salad and it was unlike anything I have seen..It looked like a chunk of romaine that had been roasted and hot with a few croutons,bacon and anchovies. No cheese and dressing was minimal. One patron ordered nachos for dinner, and they were sent back because they were cold. They were still cold when brought out again. Sea bass was a small portion and Crab legs was a small au gratin sized dish with a small amount of crab..Husband left hungry. Service was okay until we were done with our meals and our server didn't return to give us our check or clear the table for about 15 minutes.
Maybe when things slow down this summer prices will also get reduced for lack of patrons. First and last visit for us..Bill for 2 was $89.25 before tax and tip. I agree with Joel G. from Venice..

• Visited February 2014
5 Thank Rose226
Highland, New York
“The best restaurant in Venice!”
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

I was lucky enough to eat here by chance. There are a lot of rumors going around that they are just a catering place, but they do both. Where we ate was not too far from a small wedding celebration. We were fine with it. It made us smile to see the happiness. That said, the food is great! We ate outside, and even though it was cold, they have heat that comes down on you and it was fabulous. We were not there for sunset, but I bet it would be a beautiful view. It is now our favorite restaurant in Venice. Check out my menu picture.

“Great Birthday Surprise”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

My lovely wife took me to FIn's (first time here) for my birthday and it was a pleasant surprise and a great evening.

The place looks amazing, very inviting. I especially enjoyed the aquarium .

The hostess was professional, the bartender & waiter, Andy, was not only efficient, but entertaining. He mixes a great lemonade (pink) and vodka. Jason assisted Andy, and again, very pleasant service.

Finally, Justin, the General Manager came over to welcome us. He was very patient as my wife, an Interior Designer & Feng Shui Consultant, complimented him on the decor.

Loved the whole experience and I can't wait to get back!