“Great food and friendly ambience”

Ristorante San Marco
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante San Marco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 242 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: San Marco invites you to experience Authentic Italian Dining. Our menu features fresh vegetables, meats, and seafoods, as well as homemade pastas and freshly baked breads that are typical of Italian cuisine. We strive to provide well prepared meals using fresh ingredients, extra virgin olive oil, which are aesthetically presented to our patrons. We have an exceptional list of fine Italian wines. We offer outdoor seating. Reservations are recommended. Join us for lunch or dinner! Buon Appetito!
Rochester, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and friendly ambience”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

After spending two weeks in Sanibel we decided to overnight in Venice before returning home. After reading Tripadvisor we went to this restaurant, and what a pleasant surprise! It's a small, cozy, little gem with fabulous food. Everything is made from scratch and it does not disappoint. We had the grilled branzino with grilled vegetables, and it was perfection. The cheese plate with the chestnut honey and fig jam was to die for. Also delicious was the puff pastry with lemon cream. Nico, the charming owner, takes the food most seriously and was hands-on throughout. Our waiter, James, was very warm and friendly. We would go back in a heartbeat.

1 Thank Stingray14

akron, ohio
“Authentic italian”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Wonderful italian restaurant. Ate inside the restaurant because the music from the new bar across the street was obnoxious and loud. Our food... Appetizer through dessert was great. Wait staff nice and attentive. The owner was present and looking after his guests. Highly recommend.

Venice, Florida
“Another WOW!”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Ok I am combining two reviews, as we went to dinner , and then again lunch recently. Dinner first: This was our second time at Ristaurante San Marco........first was lunch and I have a prior review on Trip Advisor. We went as a party of 6. We are Americano.....the other 4 true Italian, from Sicily and Rome.....they were delighted to visit this great new place, inspired Italian.......creative, fresh and delicious. Our server was Bradley, he was very accommodating, and knowledgable about the menu and specials. Our friends enjoyed several items, including the lamb, which was delicious. I will let them review their choices, and they were very happy! My husband and I had the Grilled Fish Platter, with Octopus, shrimp and scallops, all were delicious and it was presented beautifully on a rectangular platter, with herbs and butter. The Octopus was something I had never eaten, and it was very good! I was happy to try it, and my husband and I shared this. Also we shared the Veal Special of the day, which was delicious and creatively presented. WE each had a glass of the house wine, and our bill was $ 73.00. We felt the meal was well worth the price, we were satisfied, and refreshed with the experience. Our waiter, also was excellent, and the owner graced us with a complimentary dessert of a cream filled puff pastry that was absolutely divine! Just a perfect ending to a great meal! The restaurant is small, and crowded at night, and lively, as it is such a great dining experience that it can be exciting and happy to be there! So it can be a bit loud........that having been said, we did not mind. Now for our next experience: Lunch last weekend. Again, never a disappointment. We called at 10 am for a 12: 15 reservation for the excellent luncheon, and there were 8 of us......we were originally 6 and added the other two when we arrived.......no problem per James, our waiter who greeted me with a smile and a hug, as did the beautiful Marcella, the owner of this wonderful establishment. As usual, we were presented with fresh cibatta bread with home made ricotta cheese to start, and we all ordered from the luncheon menu, the $ 10 special of a choice of soup, salad, and either a pasta or a pannini. My husband had the broccoli and potato cream soup, and a Mista Salad, along with the pasta with Meat Sauce. Delicious, he also had a glass of the house white wine......dry and crisp, great price! Also, I had the Minestrone Soup, Mista Salad, and the pasta with sausage and mushrooms. Another great choice. Our friends were equally satisfied. One couple from out of state were delighted they joined us at the last minute for something so very special. They did not know such a gem was tucked away here on Venice Avenue, and they had been here all winter long. We were happy to share this secret, but the secret is out! Thank you James, for the excellent service, and to Marcella for her hospitality and beautiful smile! Her delicious Tuscan Olive oil as an accompaniment, and the excellent, and friendly service that this establishment is well known for! MOLTO BENE!! *** I am not sure about the late night or the brunch availability although I am sure that they may accommodate this, I just did not look into it so I cannot rate based on that.......however, they are open at 11 am for lunch, so brunch it may very well be! Also bar scene?? They have an excellent wine selection, and beer. Not a bar there that I could see, but the wine list is extensive.

• Visited April 2014
“Excellent food and service.”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

A warm welcome followed by an excellent dining experience. Nice wines, knowledgeable, hands - on staff, quality ingredients and delicious preparation.

Thunder Bay, Canada
“So enjoyable”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Returned here for dinner with friends after having lunch here a few weeks ago. All eight of us thoroughly enjoyed our dinners, if there was one let down it would be the Ceasar salad it was a little bland. Starting from the fabulous bread, ricotta cheese butter and ending with the most delicious desserts the night was so enjoyable. The staff is knowledgeable and extremely pleasant. Can't wait to get back.