Island Breeze Inn
$94
Travelocity
$167
$140
All reviewsold floridacoffee makerbasic roommaking reservationssmall fridgea great staywalgreenssharkeyscleanlinessbeaches
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 26, 2007

Just spent 5 days in Venice looking at homes. Our realtor suggested the Island Breeze. I went on the website and compared. The only thing that the pictures omitted was the charm. It was very affordable, and absolutely spotless and clean. Even though it is on the main road, it is set back and in an excellent location. I explained that we were arriving late at night, so they left our door unlocked and the keys inside! The rooms are small but charming, and chairs and tables right outside the rooms. The pool was very clean and private. The staff was very friendly and very informative on the area. It's not the Ritz, but we weren't looking for that. The Island Breeze is "a little jewel".

Cleveland, Ohio

Stayed: August 2007
3  Thank dinsmore
Reviewed March 29, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Island Breeze Inn a couple of weeks ago and had a wonderful time. This is a great 1950's style motel that looks as though it was just recently remodeled. The place was spotless. My only complaint is that the hot water in the shower was very hit or miss....it was either scalding or non-existent. I don't know if it's the same for every room, but it was in #12. I certainly wouldn't let the water situation deter me from staying at the Island Breeze again though. It's a great place and a great price. My husband and I will return again. Also, there are food options within walking distance of the hotel. Venice has a very cute down town area that's within a couple of blocks of the hotel. It's perfectly safe to walk. Clocks restaurant was good for breakfast, but I would avoid Sharkey's. The beach at Sharkey's is great for shark toothing and sunbathing, but the food leaves a lot to be desired. I'm pretty sure that the crab in my seafood nachos was canned and the shrimp were not deveined. Yuck!! By far, the best food we had during our stay was at the Crow's Nest and we found a nice little bar just a couple of blocks from the hotel called the Tap & Cork that had a great atmosphere as well. They don't have any food there, but they have a slew of take out menus so that you can have it delivered while you enjoy a cold brew.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank FLChick
Reviewed January 16, 2007

We have stayed at the Island Breeze Inn several times in the past two years and WILL continue to go back. The staff went out of thier way to be helpful and informative about the area. We arrived late at night one weekend and we were unable to check in , so we had to go down the street to one of those chain hotels. It was the worst night out away from home. I will never stay at another CHAIN hotel again. The service and friendliness that you get when you stay at the Island Breeze Inn will have you coming back. We have had many friends go to Venice and stay at the IBI and they also will continue to return. It;s unfortunate that a few guest in the past were accustom to the Ritz Carlton and didn't have room service or someone turning down thier beds at night with a mint in place, and gave such bad reviews to such a wonderful place. Thanks for the accomidations and continue the great work.

Stayed: January 2007
3  Thank landryk
Reviewed March 26, 2006

Very cute inn, definitely not a 5-star resort but it's quaint and blocks to sun drenched shopping areas as well as the relaxing beaches of Venice. The effiency we had was very accomodating, clean and peaceful, the Pool is private and realxing and the staff was extremely helpful. We would definitely stay again, but note the cancellation policiies that were not mentioned when we booked the room.

• Stayed: March 2006
2  Thank mcastady
Reviewed March 13, 2006

Just came back from a three day stay at the Island Breeze. Don't expect a lot and you will be happy. The location will only work if you have a car. Its too far to walk both to the wonderful downtown Venice shopping area or to the beach. Lets see, you can walk to a liquor store, a farmers type market and a restaurant called The Clock that (though we didn't go in it) looked like it'd have some pretty good breakfasts.
I don't know what the previous post was talking about. WHAT "continental breakfast"? The only thing they had available was rather stale coffee at the front desk. Bring a coffee maker if you need that morning coffee.
All in all, this motel was ok. The location was safe, it was fairly quiet, the other occupants were quiet and respectful, the lady at the front desk was the nicest I think I've ever encountered at a hotel, no matter how fancy and the room was adequate. The small pool area is very nice, it appears to have been totally redone recently, but the pool was ice cold. I suppose they would have gladly turned the heat up (or on) if we'd asked. The room DOES have a small refrigerator and a microwave. It also has a small shower and no tub. I'd stay there again, probably. Just don't expect to walk to either the beach or downtown Venice!

• Stayed: March 2006