An old hotel whose sign noted that the hotel was celebrating its 60th year at the end of 2011 was a pleasant enough stay for a night. I did stop in for the night at this hotel having read the review from the 4th edition of the Lonely Planet: Florida travel book. Now, this volume does state that there is a hefty Continental breakfast (which did interest me), but upon asking there was no breakfast offered. The restaurant The Clock is across the street for breakfast seekers who need food immediately. The hotel is apparently the oldest in Florida and it certainly has a degree of charm creating a nice nostalgic feeling. The room I had was furnished with two beds and bathroom. The Lonely Planet guide does say that the hotel is one of the quietest in Venice, but I caution travelers staying here in that the hotel is located on the 3 lanes (6 lanes total across) Tamiami Trail which has a lot of traffic on it regularly. For the sleeper who needs quiet or just hates to hear traffic, the building is old and the noise does seep in. I was located about 4-5 rooms back from Tamiami Trail. The room itself was clean and certainly was good enough for a night. The beds were ok in terms of comfort. Considering the location, I wouldn't want to spend much more time than that here. There is a small pool here and I did see a laundry room. However, since it is on the commercial mecca of Tamiami Trail, you should have no problem finding anything you need nearby. The price was terrific at less than $80. I don't believe the lady at the front desk really enjoyed her job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Venice Island, Florida, the Island Breeze Inn offers sparkling rooms full of charm, modern amenities, and exceptional customer service! Just blocks from palm tree-lined avenues full of antique shops, boutiques, and cafes, and only one mile to beautiful Venice Beach, the Island Breeze Inn is the BEST VALUE in the historic district! Free parking, free cable TV and Wi-Fi?, Heated pool, microwave and refrigerator in each room...The friendliest staff and our manager on the premises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Island Breeze Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Breeze Inn Of Venice Hotel Venice
- Island Breeze Hotel Venice
- Island Breeze Motel Venice
- Island Breeze Inn Venice, Florida