“IT MAY BE A STEAKHOUSE, BUT PLEASE TRY SOME OF THEIR OTHER GREAT FOODS” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #80 of 240 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Englewood, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,774 helpful votes
“IT MAY BE A STEAKHOUSE, BUT PLEASE TRY SOME OF THEIR OTHER GREAT FOODS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

For years, I almost always ordered a steak while dining here, but I don't know if it's because of my age or some other reason, I have tried their pasta with seafood, I have had their SHRIMP CAESAR SALAD, and both have been great. So if you are not a steak lover, that's no reason not to go to Outback, they have quite a variety of good stuff, and the price is right.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank mamamia70

Kentucky
“Customer service done right!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Ate around 9:30 on a Friday night. We were seated immediately and waited on quickly. My wife and I ordered our steaks well done. They were brought medium rare. Our waitress took them back with an apology. The manager brought our new perfectly cooked steaks to us and informed us that our meals were on the house. She even offered our sons free desserts while we finished our meal. Her kindness really impressed us. Both the manager and our waitress went above and beyond and was truly appreciated by my family.

• Visited June 2013
Preston, UK
“Great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We ordered 3 steaks and they were really delicious, juicy and tender. Service was excellent too, we'll be back !

Visited June 2013
“We had an enjoyable Father's Day lunch on behalf of my Labrador retriever Molly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We arrived just about noon and were seated right. Our server, Kim came quickly and was quite friendly. The service was great and so was the food. Outstanding mild wings but I would imagine the medium and spicy are quite hot. The blue cheese really is cheese. My medium prime rib was just that and served hot. The salad had some hard lettuce though. The Babyback ribs were also great! I will be ordering the take out wings with some regularity from now on! We will be back before the snowbirds settle in!

• Visited June 2013
Camberley, United Kingdom
“LUNCH IN VENICE.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Well not quite! The steakhouse is not on the Adriatic and it's not in this Florida town either but next to Walmart and other outlets on a Tamiami Trail (SR 41) strip mall. Not that being in a strip mall is a bad thing as at least there's easy parking. Normally we visit the Port Charlotte restaurant but decided to go here for a change - it was also a change to go for lunch instead of dinner so the place wasn't busy (mainly older folk there for the lunch specials - not bad at $7.99).

I had the burger special plus excellent chicken/cheese/spicy soup and my wife had a small steak meal. Both were fine and service was quick - Ashley was attentive and friendly so well done!

Once inside one of these chains you know exactly where to go and what to expect and there were no surprises on this occasion. Not sure how busy it gets in the evening but looking at the take out parking area that must get quite busy.

I don't think we've ever had a bad meal in any Outback and prices are reasonable - the only negative really is the soulless nature of their locations - you gets what you pay for I guess!

• Visited May 2013