“Lunch” 4 of 5 bubbles

Applebee's
Ranked #118 of 240 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: American, Bar, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Venice, Florida
“Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

I had the strawberry salad & the turkey sandwich...my bro had the cheeseburger quesadillas & onion rings. It was good for the price...inexpensive! Our server Jason was good. Overall a good experience. We eat here once every few months.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,774 helpful votes
“SERVICE AND FOOD WERE ABSOLUTELY GREAT!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

A friend of mine invited me here for my birthday - for lunch, and there is now a new menu which gives you 3 great choices for prices that EVERYONE can afford. I chose the soup (broccoli with cheese ) and the shrimp/pasta. Both were phenomenal. When my friend mentioned to Nathan, our terrific waiter, that it was my birthday, he must have told the manager. This kind manager not only treated me to a birthday dessert, but comped my friend's dessert as well. Now how can you beat that? Highly recommend this Applebee's - it was just fantastic!!!

• Visited July 2014
Scotland
“Food very good but building getting shabby”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

We like Applebee's, very good value for the quality of food it serves. However in the past 6 months since we last visited this restaurant the furnishings and fittings have started to deteriorate quite badly. Worst of all is the ladies restroom which is really badly needing refurbished. My wife said it was awful. Food was fine and our server was excellent but both were let down by the building. Overheard someone else commenting on the condition of the place and they were told that the management had requested funds on numerous occasions for a refit but it had been denied. If you compare the Venice outlet to the Applebee's in Ellenton then you would almost think that they were owned by 2 different companies. The rating is pulled down simply by the state of the building.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,774 helpful votes
“LOVE THE NEW MENU ITEMS, WORTH CHECKING OUT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

I had not been here for a while and was happy when a friend suggested we meet here for dinner. The new item I was specifically referring to was the Shrimp Pasta Dish, absolutely outstanding. Kim, our waitress, gave us excellent service, and the manager stopped by to check on us as well. My friend ordered the combination shrimp and steak dinner, and she too was very happy with her choice. Definitely will return soon.

• Visited June 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,774 helpful votes
“STOP COMPLAINING - THE 2 FOR $20.00 MEALS ARE GREAT BARGAINS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

I cannot believe reading some of these other reviews. For $20.00 I had a fabulous meal, one to take home for tomorrow as well as a scrumptious appetizer... what's not to love. Service was excellent, a young man named Jason was extremely attentive and I have absolutely nothing to complain about. Food was great, price was right, so I don't know what some people have to complain about, honestly!!!!

• Visited March 2014