“Dilemma...”

Ranked #9 of 250 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Gold Rush BBQ is a family own and operated restaurant located in Venice Florida for 15 years. Each year we have been voted best BBQ in Venice. We offer Ribs, Chicken, Steak, Sandwiches and Fresh Seafood. Dine in , Carry out and catering is available. Hope to see you soon !
Reviewed April 14, 2013

While on vacation in March I had a dilemma one night. I wanted to get a good meal but I also wanted to listen online to my grandaughter's sectionial tournament basketball game back in MN...I was staying with some friends in Venice and it was suggested we try some take out. Ribs seem to be the chose so we called up Gold Rush. We were only about 5 minutes away so it all seemed perfect. Well...it was!!! I got there, went to the side pick-up window and it was all ready. Ribs, slaw, beans and all...it was a perfect. Without a dought, I will be back. Great night.
We won the ballgame also..

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Even though I've been going here for years, last night I took some friends here that had never been. They loved it as much as I did. The "MOTHER LODE" is enough to feed yourself for 4 nights running, I'm not kidding, it's HUGE!!! You get ribs, pulled pork, chicken and beef, plus 2 generous sides. I for one adore the garlic mashed red potatoes. The owners are the nicest folks you can imagine. You are treated like family. I would recommend this place to all those who have been wanting to try it and just never have. More's the pity, they don't know what they're missing!

3  Thank mamamia70
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We must have driven by it a million times on the way to other places and we finally tried it one day when we were in the mood for ribs. It was good!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

great bbq, good portions and reasonable prices. excellent selection and quality of side dishes. But mainly great BBQ.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just love this place. It has the right BBQ atmosphere , all rustic and friendly. The pulled pork sandwich at lunch for $5.00 is thge best deal in Florida. The ribs are great too...with baked beans . Been there many times and can't wait to go back.