“Best Bar-B-Que in Venice!”
Review of Gold Rush BBQ

Gold Rush BBQ
Ranked #9 of 243 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Gold Rush BBQ is a family own and operated restaurant located in Venice Florida for 15 years. Each year we have been voted best BBQ in Venice. We offer Ribs, Chicken, Steak, Sandwiches and Fresh Seafood. Dine in , Carry out and catering is available. Hope to see you soon !
Venice, Florida
“Best Bar-B-Que in Venice!”
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Excellent value, especially $5 Lunch special: Pulled pork or chicken sandwich.
My favorite is the pulled pork while my wife loves the Apple Harvest Ribs.
Great waitresses.

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank Beader_Girl

FLORIDA
“ABOVE AVERAGE”
Reviewed March 26, 2011

My wife and I are on a BBQ trend these last few weeks; eating at the Gold Rush continues that trend. While the Gold Rush was not the very best , it ranks high in the"Q"sphere. We started w/ the Tumbleweeds(Fried onion Strings),good, but somewhat greasy; continued W/ the Motherlode combo & the full rack of babybacks.All were above average in taste and juiciness except for the all white meat portion(.50 extra?) which was dried out,but still edible. We had 4 sides : cole slaw,green beans,BBQ beans&redskin mashers(W/garlic & horseradish) :all were taasty. The decor is rustic,but it is clean; same for the men's & women's lavs (called outhouses); I mention this because of other reviews. Mischia,our server was right on. Value: $75 W/ $20 bottle of wine T/T included. Lots of folks standing in line to get in.Try it and let me know!!

Visited March 2011
2 Thank RONMIEL
Venice, Florida
“Always was a favorite.. BUT”
Reviewed February 14, 2011

I really dislike how dirty the place is. I live in the area, and Gold Rush has tasty BBQ and good service, but the whole place just seems a bit grimy.. there is an inch of dust all along the front counter, tables have that "sticky" feel, just the place needs a good cleaning before I eat there again. I would imagine if what I see on the customer side is dirty, the kitchen must be worse!

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank Denise W
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“VERY Busy 'cause people know the best places to eat in Venice!”
Reviewed February 2, 2011

Very busy place, but you seat yourself and the service is great. Two of us had the "fried onions" as an appetizer....reminded me of "onion straws" at other restaurants. Huge supply of them and very greasy and delicious! :) I ordered the mashed red potatoes with horse radish and garlic and baked bean side with my "mixed" aka beef and pork, shredded barbecue. Served with three types of barbecue sauce and a very nice and moist piece of cornbread. Delicious and had to take much home with me (see pic after a bit of cornbread taken). Too full for dessert, but was amazed at the visitor by our car in the parking lot when we went to leave! Will be returning...absolutely!

• Visited February 2011
Boston
“Good food--reasonable prices”
Reviewed December 15, 2010

Four of us went here before the Boat Parade last weekend. Darrell was our waiter and he was fabulous--always looking around at his customers and making sure things were right. Two of us had ribs, one a cheeseburger, and another chicken. Two sides with 3 of the meals , plus a corn muffin.Baked beans, green beans, mashed potatoes,cucumber salad were all good! Highly recommend this place.