“breakfeast is good but not much else.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Scrambles
Ranked #155 of 240 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Venice, Florida, United States
“breakfeast is good but not much else.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Have had good eggs, bacon and French toast but other than that not so good. Dinner was a disaster. Asked about Meatloaf, they said yes, it was available. What they brought out was spam, heated in a microwave, soggy like a sponge. a meager serving of potatoes and beans with a $12. price. Never went back for either meal time.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Sarasota, Florida
“British full breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Yes I have been back since my last review, well three times in fact. This place is superb and well worth a visit, you are made welcome as soon as you walk in. The food is excellent and well presented, I will be back very soon and the corn beef hash is wonderful too.

• Visited September 2013
Florida
“Best Biscuits and Gravy Ever!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have heard great things about this little cafe from a friend that goes there often. I am not much of a breakfast person to begin with, but if and when I do eat the first meal of the day...I have biscuits and gravy. I order it anytime I go out for breakfast and I make it at home. I did not actually dine at the cafe; a friend was going to dine and offered to bring me take-out. Just taking one look at my meal and smelling the seasonings; I knew it was going to be good. These biscuits and gravy are the best I have ever eaten. They actually season it and give you sausage patties on the side! It was so delicious. I was pleasantly surprised!

• Visited August 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“English breakfast delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

One Saturday morning I decided that I was missing home, the UK, and that a breakfast was in order. I have had many recommendations for Scrambles and when I first came over here I paid the place a visit on a number of occasions. When I walked in I was surprised on all the re-development that had taken place, impressive. The breakfast arrived and indeed it was a full English, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, I am salivating whilst writing this !!! perfect and all washed down with a real English cup of tea.
You all should pop in and say hi to the lovely, and may I say attractive staff and see their menu and try the full English Breakfast.

• Visited June 2013
Osprey, Florida
“The best most consistent Eggs Benedict”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is our weekly go to spot for Sunday morning Eggs Benedict. They are cooked consistently every week with the eggs having just the right amount of creamy yoke and the toasted English Muffin crisp without being hard. The atmosphere is welcoming and strangers and locals are treated the same. My husband has strayed a few times from our Eggs Benedict tradition and loved the other choices he made. They have just gone through a renovation that will give them more tables for two so the in-season wait should not be unreasonable. Try this jewel out when you're in the Venice area.

• Visited June 2013