“English breakfast delight”

Dining options: Breakfast
Sarasota, Florida
“English breakfast delight”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

One Saturday morning I decided that I was missing home, the UK, and that a breakfast was in order. I have had many recommendations for Scrambles and when I first came over here I paid the place a visit on a number of occasions. When I walked in I was surprised on all the re-development that had taken place, impressive. The breakfast arrived and indeed it was a full English, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, I am salivating whilst writing this !!! perfect and all washed down with a real English cup of tea.
You all should pop in and say hi to the lovely, and may I say attractive staff and see their menu and try the full English Breakfast.

• Visited June 2013

Osprey, Florida
“The best most consistent Eggs Benedict”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is our weekly go to spot for Sunday morning Eggs Benedict. They are cooked consistently every week with the eggs having just the right amount of creamy yoke and the toasted English Muffin crisp without being hard. The atmosphere is welcoming and strangers and locals are treated the same. My husband has strayed a few times from our Eggs Benedict tradition and loved the other choices he made. They have just gone through a renovation that will give them more tables for two so the in-season wait should not be unreasonable. Try this jewel out when you're in the Venice area.

• Visited June 2013
Nokomis, Florida
“Breakfast FANTASTIC”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

If you are in the area this is the friendliest place to eat. Whether it be for breakfast or lunch. The Owner Karen and her staff are the nicest people around. The food is amazing. We have never had a bad breakfast yet. Very consistent, yummy food!

Visited April 2013
Punta Gorda, Florida
“great little cafe!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We like to try little "mom and pop" type places when we eat out, especially for breakfast. This little café was a delight! We were surprised to find "full English breakfast" on the menu and on the specials' board. Having been to England, we thought we'd give it a try...it lived up to its name. Traditional (real bangers, English bacon, grilled tomatoes, mushrooms, eggs, toast, potatoes and, yes, pork and beans!) and well presented. One of the workers/owners spoke with a British accent...her influence, no doubt! The rest of the menu was varied...large selection of eggs benedict, omlets and other typical breakfast foods. The service was friendly and prompt. The restaurant was clean and welcoming. Oh, yeah, one more thing...the tea was served in a real tea pot...hot with a mug on the side! A definite must go back to place!

• Visited April 2013
NEW WINDSOR
“Great for Lunch during the week. Sunday breakfast?????”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

After having a difficult Sunday breakfast (the waitress forgot about us) I returned today for lunch and received a much different reception. Lunch was Excellent. The home made split pea soup a delight and the BLT a treat. Excellent service from friendly folks. I will go back for lunch (often) but think I will skip the Sunday busy period

• Visited January 2013