“Best Omelet in town!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 11, 2011

It's clean, the service is top-noch, the prices are good, and they make the best omelet in Sarasota County!

Reviewed November 20, 2011

Scramble's would be the classic 'ma and pa' restaurant, but i think there is only 'ma' there. And she does a great job. Everything, from soup to salads, is home-made and delicious. The daily specials are great deals, but all the meals are inexpensive and terrific value. It's small, homey, local and worth as trip.

2  Thank bobinathens
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I have stopped at this place probably five times over the past twelve-fifteen months. I like it.
The restaurant is in a small strip mall close to the Salvation Army thrift store and a Whole Foods. (close to Tervis Tumblers in Osprey)
There is some seating outside and seating for maybe thirty inside. It is a casual, comfortable place. There are various publications around for reading while you wait. There are daily specials.
On my most recent visit I had a reuben(one of the specials). With it came a complementary salad or soup. I selected the soup: it was a ginger-carrot soup. Not my fav, but nice color and interesting flavor. My sandwich was excellent. It was on rye bread and had kraut and 1000 island in addition to good hunks of meat. It was messy. It was tasty.
My bill was $8.02.
The server was also excellent. She was friendly and clearly enjoys the food there. She made suggestions. She also helped me with directions!
I recommend this place for a comfortable sit and a good meal.

Reviewed June 20, 2011

Homemade with eggs and potatoes. Incredible! I moved here from MI and searched for decent hash for 2 years before Scrambles opened and thank you for that. When I wanted something lighter the food was always to order and tasty as well. Great for quick breakfast at the bar and never a shortage of friendly people to talk to. I rarely have time for a quality breakfast but when I do, its Scrambles everytime.

1  Thank KahunaJeff
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Pleasant "looking" neighborhood cafe owned & operated by a British lady, who has a sign saying "if you want good food eat here". We thought we were in for a treat...Decided on a light breakfast of which I could not order as she was out of one of the items, with a grocery store down the street and my husband ordered the Bagels w/Salmon and Cream Cheese. She showed up with the sad looking order of an untoasted bagel w/minimal cream cheese on half with two tissue paper thin strips of salmon that was spoiled.
When this was brought to the attention of the British lady, she was firm in her response that she did not find anything wrong with the smell or appearance of the spoiled salmon. The presentation of the food, if you can call it that, was non existant. Needless to say, we paid for my order and left. There are any number of other resturants in the area where you will receive much better quality and quantity of food at reasonable prices. For the safety of your health and not waisting your hard earned $$'s, STAY AWAY. Try Simons, Perkins or The Howlin' Wolf.