“Wonderful !”

Shogun Japanese Steak House
Ranked #82 of 241 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sarasota
“Wonderful !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2009

All the food was fresh, the chief was funny and great meal was had by both the children and adults in our party. One person at the table have the vegitarian dinner and I have honestly never seen so much vegitables before. I would highly recommend for kids and grownups alike.

1 Thank ospreygray

Hua Hin, Thailand
“unkempt and disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2009

this place should have been out of business long ago. gross and outdated, old frying oil and limp vegetables left me sick. sorry guys... I tried.

angnole627
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome restaurant that has stood the test of time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2009

First let me say that I have been eating at Shogun since the 1980s, when I was a kid. I'm in my late twenties now and the place has only gotten better with age. I've eaten at a lot of different Japanese steakhouses in different cities over the years, and this one is, hands down, my favorite. The sauces they serve--ginger and seafood--are the best I've ever had and one of the highlights of the Shogun experience. The ginger dressing they put on the salad is delicious, the perfect balance of sweet and zesty. I always order the hibachi shrimp, which I recommend, but the other entrees are all wonderful as well. In addition to the salad you get amazing fried rice, vegetables, bean sprouts, hot tea, and soup included with your dinner as well.

The same family has owned Shogun for years, and they are very nice people who make great food. Plus, it's entertaining since they cook right in front of you in a pleasant atmosphere. If you live in Venice or if you're just visiting, I highly recommend Shogun.

1 Thank angnole627
Spring Hill, FL
“Great Food, Great Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2007

MY husband and I went to Venice for our anniversary, decided to try something different, I have never been to a japanese steak house before so I was a little apprehensive and first, but once we ordered I decided this place would be nice, The food was very delicious and it is cooked right in front of you, great flavor and freshness, We had a wonderful experience, and the price wasnt bad at all, for the 2 of us it was under $50.00... If you visit the area try them out, you wont be dissapointed.... we weren't.

3 Thank jjice13