“Great food, dated decor and ended up with some bites on my legs...”
Review of Clock Restaurant Incorporated - CLOSED

Clock Restaurant Incorporated
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The food and prices were not too bad, but the décor was horrible. Dirty carpets, disgusting toilets, ceiling looking like it will fall down. Will possibly pop in again next year for eggs benedict, but this time will cover my legs not to get bitten.

1  Thank Pawel T

Reviewed August 1, 2013

From the moment you enter, you know you made a mistake. Smells of old dish rags, updated perhaps in the 1940's . Family of 4, the only thing anyone liked was the chili dog (how do you mess that up) My wife ordered the hamburger, and it was some kind of "mystery meat" and she didn't eat that, the salad was wilted and brown. My soup was cold, and tasteless. Ordered 3 milkshakes and only finished one.. The place just gives the "heaves" and could not wait to leave. Just stay away from this place at all costs.. Local place or not,mostly 90 year olds anyway. i would give a negative number but 0 is the lowest.

1  Thank Familymanwithkids
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We always make The Clock one of our first stops when we are in the Venice area. We find ourselves returning several times during our visit because of the good service, delicious food, breakfast anytime, varied menu and daily specials. The food and the service are very family-friendly and they seem to cater to the kids. We always see the locals gather during the day which usually means value and good service. The locals know best!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Sometimes you just want a simple, average, ordinary meal. Especially when you have kids. This is the place for that. Lots of ordinary choices on the menu, like a club sandwich. Not many places in Florida can you get a simple club sandwich.

Waitresses are friendly and quick enough. It's always been clean. Prices reasonable.

1  Thank AngelMommy2
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I ordered eggs over hard, bacon, hash browns, and an English muffin. When I asked for the eggs over hard, the waitress said there wouldn't be a yolk. It took awhile and alot of questions to figure out that she was saying that there wouldn't be a soupy egg to soak the muffin in!! Duh! That's why I asked for over hard. Both my food and my husband's food were cold. She said his oatmeal was cold because he poured milk over the oatmeal....duh....we always pour milk over our oatmeal. She took back the plates and microwaved them. My egg then was rubbery and the hashbrowns were not edible....they were swimming in grease. The English muffin wasn't a Thomas' muffin...it was nasty. My husband's fruit was something like big chunks of fruit cocktail....after our comments with the manager trying to convince us that that fruit was fresh, he conceded that it was frozen fruit....nasty and tasteless. We did indeed enjoy the coffee and they kept our cups filled. The whole staff needs to take a course in PR and sensitivity training! They were frazzled, but they weren't very well trained. We won't go back there!

2  Thank barbmac5