“Terrible restaurant - avoid”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #76 of 242 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Terrible restaurant - avoid”
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Liked this restaurant until I found out that they have fired an employee for giving a corn muffin to a homeless man. This is just wrong, and so I will never eat at this restaurant again. The guy was a veteran of the Vietnam war - come on Cracker Barrel - this is just crackers. Give him his job back - this will impact your whole chain as I will not only boycott this restaurant but all the others in your chain. See sense give him his job back. You should be proud to have employees with a heart for those down on their luck.

I would advise anyone to not frequent this restaurant in protest.

Visited June 2014
6 Thank mickmickmick

Venice, Florida
“Frequent Visitor -- No More”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

My wife and I live here in Venice and go to the restaurant at least once a week (every Friday) if not more often. We love the haddock. We always bring our visiting friends and family there as well. We'll find another place to take our business.

Visited June 2014
6 Thank E C I
Venice, Florida
“Cracker Barrel Lacks a Heart”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

You fire an elderly veteran because he gives away a corn muffin and condiments to a needy person?!? Then you slander him in the news saying he once took a soda fountain drink and gave a lady a cup of coffee. This happened over how many years? WOW! What else did this gentleman give away from your restaurant that was so costly? A slice of toast, a roll, or some other expensive food item? Management appears to have wanted to get rid of this employee and found some lame excuse to do so. Cracker Barrel lacks a heart and community values! Hopefully, many customers will realize this and stop patronizing your restaurant. There are a LOT of other restaurants that serve great food, provide outstanding employee support and give superb customer service. THUMBS DOWN to Cracker Barrel.

• Visited December 2013
6 Thank Sue P
CLEVELAND
“A corn muffin, coke or a cup of coffee....really”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Wow, really Cracker Barrel.... a corn muffin, coffee, coke.....wow, what about this man who was in need? Panera gives their food away each night at closing to the needy....shame on you, and I will never eat at any Cracker Barrel again...it's my new rule...so you can keep your greedy rules but not my money.

• Visited September 2013
9 Thank CarlaSCleveland
Pacifica, California
“No community values”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I'm sure by now you have heard of this business in the news. Such behavior is against those less fortunate in the community and against kind gestures. It is truly shameful and like the other reviews here I urge you to dine elsewhere. For a business to be against community values is shocking. Please dine elsewhere.

• Visited July 2014