“Really Good Food”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

This was our second time at Luna's and it was just as good as the first! Huge portions, great food and unique atmosphere. We had the chicken piccata, chicken parm, spaghetti with "the best" tasting meatball and linguini with mussels...It was all good...Plus the hot bread they serve is a don't miss. We will definitely visit again!

2  Thank Edith D

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

I'm from the Chicago area & love pizza. Tonight's was the beat I've ever had!' The crust fab, saus good but the cheese amazing! Take seriously the servers statement of large servings - 3 of us ordered a large pizza, a pasta dish & chicken parm. We will eat it at least 3 more meals from it!!

1  Thank Jillma224
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We went to Luna because friends had wanted to go. Having read the reviews I expected to be disappointed. What a surprise! It was great. Portions were exceptionally large and our friends suggested sharing. This we did, and still had too much. Food was great! The owners, both male and female came by separately to check on our meal. This is a very busy restaurant even on a Wednesday evening. If you expect the worse you will be very disappointed. It is the best!

1  Thank BostonLadybug
Reviewed April 24, 2014

That is correct, owners have made to much cash money, they only take cash ! and they have enough so they do not care what you feel or think. Service is sloppy and slow and they could care less what you feel or think ! pasta over cooked every time, just terrible for an Italian place.
1st time Braciolle, BURNT, but waitresse took care of that, 2cd time for braciolle, very small, confronted waitresse who agreed and fixed it, 3rd and last for sure, braciolle was small as could be, a $10 piece! $15 over pasta as I got it, pasta was overcooked again!!! and meat was small, this time I approaced male owner and I said sorry but you know I eat here often, yes he replies, I told him about the portion and overcooked pasta, he stated its weighed to portion, I said I disagree, he acted like he was doing you a favor that you even have it?! so I left, by the way he claims this was his favorite mothers dish? she must be very disappointed in him, you should see my Mothers braciolle!! best on earth and makes his look like the micky d's version.
There is something very wrong with the attitude there and the service is not so good, you gotta love the "cash only" thing, wonder why they do that? yeah right. I will never eat there again nor will I send a soul there to eat, the whole scenerio is bad bad bad, I blame the arrogant owners.

6  Thank jo b
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I have been to Luna's twice and will not be going again.
Hells Bells the attitude here is ridiculous.
It's like they are doing you a favour!
And trust me ...... They are NOT.
I ordered the mussels in white sauce ..... It was STUPID salty and I sent it back.
That went down well! NOT and was then asked if I wanted to order something else.
I tried the Shepherds Pie ...... Made with BEEF for heavens sake!
It was bland, tasteless and dry and completely over cooked and I had 2 mouthfuls then left it.
The portions are ridiculously big, this was enough for 3! ... CRAZY. It just puts you off the second they bring it up.
They boxed it up ..... For reason .... But I just left it there $23!!!!
The staff look harassed and the owner ( a blond lady) has a really bad attitude.
How they stay in business .... I do not know.
Cassariano and San Marco ( Italian ) on the main strip are WAY better and similar money. Also Made in Italy is pretty good too.
The Blu Island Bistro is the best ( albeit not Italian ) but only serve dinner on Fri & Sat but STELLAR food.

7  Thank Robert W