“Awesome!”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We have eaten here several times and have always enjoyed it! The pizza's are HUGE and Awesome tasting! They made a mistake on our "toppings" and the waitress asked us what we would like to do to make the order right, giving the impression that they would do anything we asked! To me, it was the perfect response to a customer! We always take visitors to this restaurant!

1  Thank fishing53806

Reviewed April 2, 2014

- great service
-wonderful location
-upbeat
-pizza needed more sauce for me. If I'd asked they would have done it. Make sure you ask!
-pizza has sesame crust
-chicken pot pie is huge
-make sure you share entres. They are very big.

1  Thank crestheaven
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We have found through being in the Venice area for quite a while that ordering, via phone, our dinner "to go" solves the problems of dealing with habitual rudeness. It is much nicer to eat in the comfort of my own home. I call and order our meal for a certain time to be picked up and it is always ready. No tip necessary.

2  Thank kathym575
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I've dined here 4 times. The food is amazing; most of the servers are friendly. The hostess, who I believe is the owner, ruins the experience. During my most recent visit, there was a 45 minute wait. When asked questions by various customers who were waiting, the hostess was short and unfriendly. One gentleman who asked to sit down at the table his party was to be assigned to as soon as the table was cleared was told no. He explained that it was difficult for him to stand, and the answer was again no. No offer of a chair was made to the man. Had I not been with a group, I would have walked out. No one deserves to be treated that way. Perhaps they are so busy that customer friendliness by the hostess is not seen as important. I will try it again; I sincerely hope her demeanor changes.

7  Thank veggiegirl60
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We just happened onto Luna while wandering downtown Venice (a very enjoyable activity, by the way). Luna is tucked away a bit off the main drag but it's easy to find. They have three types of seating (maybe even four): inside, outside under a cover and wind blocked, outside on the sidewalk at round tables with umbrellas, and the fourth (I guess) is outside not undercover along the side of the restaurant. We sat outside under the cover.

Luna is billed as New York authentic and I think they do the job well. First off - there were plenty of NY types there based on the accents and conversations I heard around us. Many looked like regulars and the wait staff was taking great care with them.

While waiting the few minutes for our table we struck up a brief conversation with a guest just leaving. "Huge portions!", she said, and I thanked her for that advice, later. The menu is long and Italian focused which was perfect. We all ordered pizzas and enjoyed the setting while we waited for our food. The wait was a tad long and we saw other tables that came in after us receive their food (also pizzas) before us. Might have been some of those favored regular customers?

But the wait was worth it and the pizzas were delicious. We purposefully ordered too much so we'd have leftovers to take home for lunch the next day. In my opinion - a large pizza would easily feed three hungry adults. We saw another table receive an ordered of spaghetti & meatballs and it was massive! Two adult males couldn't finish this one order. It looked delicious.

HINT: Share entrees. Or figure you'll have tomorrow's lunch to take home in a box.

HINT: I think the cute tables on the sidewalk looked to be the best seating option.
We enjoyed ourselves.