“Nothing to write home about.”
Review of Cafe Venice

Cafe Venice
Ranked #19 of 252 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are an intimate bistro style restaurant located in the Historic District of Downtown Venice. Our Menu is Continental with a French and Polynesian flair. Don't let the name fool you-this is not an Italian restaurant. Walk or Bike to local shops and beaches and parks. Outside dining is available. Reservations accepted and walk ins welcome. Separate Lunch and Dinner Menu. Casual Fine Dining and Wine Bar (we do offer a full bar). We are very close to Venice Little Theatre now known as Venice Theatre. We are happy to accommodate all Theatre diners. Restaurant and full service catering are available. Lunch 11:30-3:00 (Mon - Sat),Dinner open at 5 (Mon - Sat),Sunday hours are dinner only (SEASONALLY)-call for availability. We serve a smaller menu between 3pm and 5pm outside or at the bar as well.
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I had heard a lot about this restaurant and a friend was taking me to thank me for helping her. The food was ok and the venue was nice, but it didn't live up to its reputation and is nothing to write home about. There are better places to eat in Venice and environs.

1  Thank Judith L
kay k, Public Relations Manager at Cafe Venice, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, without any specifics I'm unable to address any of your concerns-please feel free to contact me at any time so that I may understand what you were not happy with. Without any details, I'm really unaware of what you felt was lacking.Guest satisfaction is our number one priority and we are certainly glad to hear your feedback. Please don't hesitate to contact me so that I may better serve you.

We do have an excellent reputation, and I'd like to think that we deserve it based on the entire experience that our guests receive...down to the details of fine wine, excellent food, a nice atmosphere and wonderful downtown location, and great staff. I hope other travelers will read through our reviews and be able to make their own determination first hand.

Michelle-PR/Catering/Events

Reviewed March 17, 2013

if you are able to get a reservation for dinner at Cafe Venice in old downtown Venice, you will be rewarded with great food combined with great service. Due to its popularity it is advisable to make a reservation to avoid disappointment. The evening we were there was very busy and as a result, it did feel crowded and somewhat noisy but that is what happens with a great restaurant. Our menu choices varied from veal to chicken to pasta and every dish was not only nicely presented but delicious. Wine selections were good with moderate prices. This is now one of our favourite dining spots in Florida.

Thank you for the kind words! We do stive our best to offer a variety so that there is something for everyone. We also feel we are in the business to move some wine with that dinner, so most wine conosseurs find our wine list very moderate. We do also offer a higher end reserve list which is also very moderately priced for the industry. In fact, I know of several local places who have the same wine offerings with a much higher price tag-so we take great pride in being fair on our wine selections.

Glad to hear that you found a new favorite spot to dine here at Cafe Venice. And we'll always your dinner reservations for you (just might have to be flexible on the times) especially this time of year when each table is booked to the maxx!

We thank you for your patronage and look forward to seeing you soon! Thanks for the kind words,
Michelle -PR/Catering/Events

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Aunt & I went to downtown Venice to shop and stopped here for lunch, because Scamotz was closing for mid day siesta or something. It was quite a busy place for a Tues. We were immediately seated and our waitress came to get us beverages. We looked over the menu and chose our lunch selections. We were served quickly and the food was incredibly good. We shared both a crabcake sandwich and catch of the day, which was Mahi. Although the crabcake was quite good, all crabmeat with only enough other ingredients to hold it together, the blackened Mahi was so flavorful and juicy. Accompaniments were sweet potato fries and cole slaw. Choices are plentiful for sides. The fries were very good as well. Definitely will go back

kay k, Public Relations Manager at Cafe Venice, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Many thanks for the nice kudos. We love to hear from our new guests who stumble upon us and are grateful for your kind words. The lunch menu definately has something for everyone between the fish sandhiches, fresh salads and everything is prepared fresh to order!

Do come back again and be sure to try us out for dinner too. Completey different menu, with white linen tables cloths and a fine wine list selection.
Bon Appetite!
Michelle L-PR/Catering

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Cafe Venice is very popular, especially in tourist season. You can dine outside looking at the slow-moving Venice Ave. traffic, or inside, where it can get noisy. The location is just off busy Tamiami Trail, and convenient to all the shops that make downtown Venice fun for tourists and snowbirds. But the food is why you come.
If you love spicy food, try the spicy Thai seafood soup, either alone or as a lunch combo with quiche, salad or sandwich. It really tingles the taste buds while having the richness from coconut milk and the pieces of seafood including a mussel in shell. I had the quiche of the day with it and was very pleased with my choice. My friend also liked her combo of the quiche and salad.

kay k, Public Relations Manager at Cafe Venice, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thanks for coming! Glad to hear you loved everything-You'll have to try dinner one of these days. We even offer dinner reservations! The ladies at lunch do tend to be loud during peak season. (hee hee hee)...but the outside is fabulous though..and the weather has been beautiful to enjoy outdoor dining this season. The good news is that we installed acousitcal panels on the ceiling to assist w/the noise during season. Thanks for all of your feedback and we hope to see you soon!
Cheers
Michelle L-PR/Events

Reviewed March 13, 2013

As always another great find on the island of Venice Florida..While my daughter was at work I had dinner myself sitting outside at a cafe' table....Where do I start..well,, how bout a nice bottle of wine to go with my Grilled Romaine Salad with Goat cheese...YUM YUM....then an AWESOME Lamb Chop...so darn tender & perfectly done..and to top it off my very favorite Creme Brulee'...Thank-You for enjoyable evening...See you in September...Keep Up The Great Work.!!

Thanks for the nice write up and it puts a smile on our face to know that you enjoyed everything so much! That's our top goal!

Sounds like you picked some favorites! We'll look foward to having you back in September
Cheers!