“Love It”
Review of Mi Pueblo

Mi Pueblo
Ranked #12 of 243 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Colorado
“Love It”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife and I think it is the best Mexican food in the area. Sometimes crowded, but well worth waiting for. As with any place with a lot of people it is loud. There are some table outside in the terrace, less noise and comfortable as long as it's not too hot or raining.

Visited July 2013

Nokomis, Florida
“This Is The Best Mexican Food I've Ever Eaten”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I know you're going to think that I'm crazy putting myself on the line saying that this place is the best but I've also eaten at their two other locations and must say that all three are equal in quality,service and value. The Venice location is extremely busy and you'll have to make a reservation ahead of time. When you finally sit down, you will have a geat choice of reasonably priced meals and some of the tastiest things you've ever put into your mouth. They bring out a basket,complimentary of course, of the greatest and lightest chips ever and along with it some some nice Salsa. Service is prompt and thorough. Servers are always checking your water glass. Certain nights they have a Mariachi Band that walks table to table. At the University location, they had a magician entertaining from table to table. I loved the great value when my check arrived and thought that Mi Pueblo was one of the most reasonably priced retaurants in all of the Venice/Sarasota area. I hope you enjoy any of the three places as much as I did. Good Luck and have fun. That's what it's all about.

1 Thank traveljounalist
Sarasota, Florida
“If you want fresh - go somewhere else.”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We have no complaints about Lili our waitress. After enduring some stale chips that weren't warm and not so fresh salsa, we got our entrees. My wife got the #6 that came with a burnt black/stale taco. I got the #7 which came with a burnt/stale chimichanga. Wash it down with stale tea and you've got yuck!

• Visited July 2013
Venice, Florida
“Top notch packaged food.”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I'll start with the positive. The decor is nice, and the Strawberry Margarita's are very good, and that's it for the positive. For anyone that has ever experienced eating good, authentic Mexican food, you'll know immediately what I'm talking about when you start to partake of his food. The food is definitely from jars, cans, and packages. Chips out of a bag. Cheese sauce from a jar or can. Food is very bland tasting. This place obviously relies on knowing the customers are more than likely not familiar with real Mexican food, and therefore they can get away with serving the tasteless food that hey do. I'm not one of these people. I've dined at authentic Mexican restaurants in Chicago, and in the Southwest part of the U.S. Mi Pueblo doesn't come close. I will mention that the staff was nice. Kudos for that.

• Visited June 2013
“Bueno Tex Mex Ambience---Mediocre Food”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

While I greatly appreciate the Tex Mex atmosphere, this dining experience is lacking in every other way. The service is good, but not terribly friendly, and the food is mediocre at best. I have dined here with family several times over several years and have had good times in spite of the food. The top shelf margaritas are average. The chips and salsa can be bought at your local grocery store. The cheese enchiladas aren't cooked - cheese is like microwaved, not cooked, and sauce seems poured out of a can and not a true enchilada red sauce gravy as it should be, with not an onion in sight. There may be better menu options but I haven't discovered them. If you're just in it for fun, this is a great place, but don't go here for the food. I'm from Texas and I know Tex Mex. This isn't even close.