“Bueno Tex Mex Ambience---Mediocre Food”
Review of Mi Pueblo

Mi Pueblo
Ranked #13 of 246 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2013

While I greatly appreciate the Tex Mex atmosphere, this dining experience is lacking in every other way. The service is good, but not terribly friendly, and the food is mediocre at best. I have dined here with family several times over several years and have had good times in spite of the food. The top shelf margaritas are average. The chips and salsa can be bought at your local grocery store. The cheese enchiladas aren't cooked - cheese is like microwaved, not cooked, and sauce seems poured out of a can and not a true enchilada red sauce gravy as it should be, with not an onion in sight. There may be better menu options but I haven't discovered them. If you're just in it for fun, this is a great place, but don't go here for the food. I'm from Texas and I know Tex Mex. This isn't even close.

There are newer reviews for Mi Pueblo

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

We went here because my wife and I went to 4 places that were closed on Monday. We didn't regret it at all.

The bartender was very friendly. When my wife ordered a margarita and she poured it from a machine I got nervous. But honestly is was very good and tasted handmade.

The chips were a tad stale but nothing outeageous.

The food was very good and arrived quickly. I thought the price was a touch high considering it was not too different from other Mexican restaurants. If the food would have really stood out I could justify the price $10-$13 for most plates.

The server was very nice and attended to us quickly even with as busy as it was.

Overall we would go back even of those other places were open :-)

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We came in a couple months ago and it was great. This time it was the opposite. The waiter did not get our orders right. They charged for Jalapenos. The waiter spilled our salsa and did not even try to clean it. The table had food on it from the people before us. The flour tortillas were good. Very very dissapointed.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I visited Mi Pueblo with my friends for a girls night out...we had a great experience! The food was amazing and the staff was excellent! I would definitely recommend this restaurant!

1  Thank Gemcasanova
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Though it handled the craving, this is not real Mexican food at all. Packaged chips, jarred salsa and packaged tortillas, this is very American Mexican and not even TexMex. For people who have never tried real Mexican food, you may enjoy this food because you wont know what you're missing. But if you ever try the real thing, you will understand why I cannot agree with the rave reviews. As a chef years ago I learned first how to cook homemade Mexican food while living with several Mexican families, then later trained with a 5 star native Mexican chef. I mean, forget the fancy food, if this was the family style food I am accustomed to, I would be in heaven. Oh well, guess I will go home and make some Mexican meatball soup and hope to find an authentic restaurant another night...

1  Thank rovingfoody