“Florida........sun, sand,view and fish!”

Sharky's On The Pier
Ranked #23 of 243 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Canton Michigan
“Florida........sun, sand,view and fish!”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

First time for us ........and a total florida experience. We were able to by-pass the 45 minute table wait by asking to sit outside in the sun by the beach. Breezy yet o.k. Party of 4 ordered fish and shrimp plates with appetizers of other seafood choices so we could try it all. Waitress was o.k. and met our needs yet didn't seem very happy. The view was lovely, watching the people on the pier and the rolling waves. Cute pigeons wandered around looking for a hand-out. Food was good, especially the shrimp and grouper. The music from the hut was a nice touch and enjoyed the experience. Would return again.

• Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
“Ms”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Great location but I have never seen such unwelcoming service for just a couple who came to enjoy sunset. Music was loud, we we unable to sit by the bar to enjoy conversation, needless to say that it was not nearly close to cites "warm welcome." Bartender was rude. They could do better with just karaoke night on Friday night. Don't waste your time unless you just want to ignore mediocre food and below standard service in favor of beautiful location

3 Thank Natalya N
“Wonderful experience!!”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

What a beautiful setting for our family to enjoy our dinner!! We sat on the pier watching the sun set while we waited to be seated. The girls shared the Fiesta Fish Taco, which they loved! My husband had the Mahi Mahi Taco Taco and enjoyed it fully. And I enjoyed every bite of my Seafood Nachos. It was nice because the girls played in the sand while we waited for our food to arrive, which gave my husband and I time to enjoy our beverages with each other and we didn't worry about them because there were lot of other kids playing on the beach too. Our server could have been a little more happy, but it definitely didn't ruin our experience. I would highly suggest this place to anyone visiting the area and we will most definitely back again.

Wallingford, CT
“Great Location”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Good food, good service and a beautiful view with an ocean breeze. We ordered the specials including appetizer and dessert, and they were delicious. Wednesdays are busy, because it kid's night, but we went Thursday and didn't have to wait for a table.

Visited July 2014
Katy, Texas, United States
“Disappointing Visit”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I have been going to Sharkey's for the last 20 years whenever I visit Venice for family or friends. We went there early on a Wednesday and were able to walk in and get an outdoor table with the incredible view of the ocean. I have to say that the waitress and kitchen staff were very disappointing. She never brought us bread (though every other table got some) and we were told that the kitchen could not leave off the tomatoes on the cheesy bread or make a cheese quesadilla. I do understand that sometimes there are pre-made mixes and items cannot be separated. However, if you offer a chicken and cheese quesadilla, then you can make a cheese one. She just didn't want to be bothered. The only time she smiled was when my son asked if he could just have cheese on his burger. She laughed at him and said "burgers are different." I don't blame him for asking. The food was okay but nothing spectacular. However, this is probably my last visit to Sharkey's. The view doesn't make up for lackluster service and food.

3 Thank Amy327