“Pleasant Surprise”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I have lived in this area for 12 years and had never been to Sharkey's before. I knew of the location and, frankly, I thought it was a tourist place and was really depending on it's location for popularity.

Since we had not been, we agreed to go with another couple last night just to check it out.

We had to wait an hour for a table

Understand that this area is almost deserted after Memorial Day and you can walk right in to most restaurants this time of year.

Well we had four "light" meals and a couple of drinks and were very happy with the results. The staff was friendly and prompt (after we were seated) and we had a very enjoyable time.

Try it - you'll like it.

1  Thank NHtoFL
Write a ReviewReviews (2,496)

Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Server was very funny and friendly. Very nice to eat outside on a nice sunny day. Pigeons were on the ground running by our feet every couple of seconds though. Also those PRICES were outrageous for unseasoned food. My wife ordered a steak it was unseasoned and cost about $27. Kids do get free ice cream after meal :) Hey if price isn't a factor and would like the experience shoot for it. But my suggestion pack the cooler and enjoy the shark teeth, and sharks that's very close to shore

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I was there on Saturday June 7, 2014 and we had a large party (22 people). Two of us never received our dinners until everyone else was finished and ready to pay. I was very upset that I wasn't even offered a discount. At this point I was not even hungry (since I had been snacking on my husband's meal since it took so long to get mine). He was not happy with his steak and said it was dry when he asked for Medium. So needless to say, when I got my bill for $79 (gratuity already included) I was quite upset. Also, one of the kids ordered a virgin drink, didn't like it and the waiter told him he could not take it back. Ridiculous! I would NEVER go back to this restaurant. Spend your money some where that care's about serving you. The only positive I have was that the restaurant was on the pier and had a great view. Go see those and eat somewhere else.

2  Thank Melissaleo2424
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Food was OK...prices were above-average. You're paying to eat at the Pier. $18 for a Grouper sandwich, yikes!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I was a little hesitant about trying this restaurant after the comments about it being very busy and also the problems with pigeons. However, we didn't have any problems with either the availability of a table, or with the pigeons. We had a booth table under an umbrella right on the beach and although we saw some pigeons, we didn't have any issues nor did we see anyone else having problems. Perhaps someone fed them before we got there!

This restaurant is one of two at this location, and they appear to have the same owners/management. Sharky's is more casual - some people come and eat lunch in the plastic chairs wearing swimsuits and towels. The other restaurant (Fins at Sharky's) seemed more classy and more expensive.

The service was friendly and prompt. We shared the Apple and Brie pizza, the Lobster Mac and Cheese, and the Sweet Potato fries. All were excellent and served piping hot. We plan to come back and sample other items on the menu.