“Great View, Nice Food”

Sharky's On The Pier
Ranked #23 of 241 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Great View, Nice Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was here for a late afternoon / early evening dinner, just as the beach / pier crowds were thinning out. As others have commented, it's undergoing renovation. I had a table quite close to the beach in their bar area - it seems to be the main track to the pier, so there is a lot of footfall. I ordered a grouper sandwich with fries which was very nice. I ordered the grouper blackened, it was cooked just right and came with a garnish of tomato and lettuce on the side, which I really liked, it meant that the sandwich could be assembled burger-style or not. Burger-style worked for me - it was messy, but the different tastes really mingled and I enjoyed it! Fries were fine, quite crispy, which I like.

Service was friendly and prompt, but I have to say that it wasn't very busy, so I can't comment on what it would be look at peak time.

Overall, quite a nice and enjoyable meal in a nice setting.

• Visited September 2013

• Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Venice, Florida
“Tourist attraction”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

If you have never been here, it's a must see, at least one time. The place is a major tourist trap.
They are currently building a new upscale restaurant addition. I can't imagine how much more one can afford, because their regular restaurant is currently overpriced, and their food is just OK.
Currently, the only bar is outside, and has limited seating. When it rains and the wind blows, good luck. The fishing pier attached to the restaurant is open to the public for free, no alcohol allowed.

• Visited June 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Venice Beach - Great food and atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

A must do in the area of Venice Beach. Right on the beach and casual. Good food, drinks and atmosphere.

• Visited October 2013
Stockbridge, Georgia, United States
“Good food, Great atmosphere, Little pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We always have to come here on our weeks in Florida. We love to walk the pier while we wait for the table and watch the sunset. They have a pretty good kids menu and an abundant seafood menu. Their food is good, but sometimes not really worth the price. With experience we manage to find the gems among the sometimes disappointing dishes. Great views, great atmosphere, and as many times as we've been we have NEVER had a service problem.

• Visited July 2013
Rockford, Illinois
“Good time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Sharky's was undergoing some renovations when we were visiting but thankfully it was open and since it wasn't too busy, we got right in! The atmosphere is fantastic and it's a must do while you're visiting. The menu has variety so there is something for everyone and I felt the prices were reasonable. The food tasted great but the pier is what seals the deal for returning. What a view! We walked along the pier afterwards to take home a shirt (or two!), watched the fisherman and load up our camera of photos! We will return when we visit Venice again!

• Visited May 2013