“About the same as the others”
Review of Daiquiri Deck

Daiquiri Deck
Ranked #37 of 244 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Venice, Florida
“About the same as the others”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I had a ceasar salad with seared tuna and my husband had clam chowder with a burger. Tuna had no taste what so ever.....and salad was swimming in dressing. Husband said chowder had a flour taste, like it wasn't cooked enough. We will leave this place to the tourist....

Visited February 2013

Suttons Bay, Michigan
“NICE LUNCH SPOT”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We went for lunch with friends from Naples and my sister and brother-in-law. The food was good.
Service could have been better, but considering the age of staff and the fact they just opened you have to be a little understanding. If you are in a rush go to a fast food restaurant. We all had some type of special fish sandwiches and they were tasty. Not sure this is the place for us for dinner, but would recommend it for lunch. Enjoy the atmosphere, location, and sunny warm weather.
Jim and Linda Munro
Korner Kottage Bed & Breakfast
Suttons Bay, MI

• Visited January 2013
“Great place!”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This place is a breath of fresh air for Venice! Great food, service, drinks, and atmosphere! We loved dining on the outside patio with a perfect view of downtown Venice. I will definitely be returning again and again!

Minnesota
“A bit too loud”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stopped in to check out the new "Daiquiri Deck" on Venice Avenue. We ended up not staying, as the music was too loud to have a conversation. The daiquiri's looked wonderful, and they offer a variety. We may try again, as we were thinking the weekends are probably a bit more lively.

Visited February 2013
South Venice, Florida
“I Should Have Known Better...”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I know, they've only been open a short time... but. Restaurant 101: if a table orders apps and entrees, serve the apps, then use your judgement and experience to gauge the appropriate time to fire the entrees. Please - do not serve the apps and entrees simultaneously, as happened to us today. In fact , my entree and app arrived via runner, followed a few minutes later by the server with my wife's entree... nice way to ruin a first-time customer's experience. The quality of the food (mediocre) hardly matters - you can ruin the best of meals with poor timing and inattentiveness. I know you just opened. I know it's my server's first restaurant job. I know you've got a great location and a captive audience - at least for the next 3 months. It'll be interesting to see how you're doing in August. I really should have known better - a 'formula' restaurant with erratic service and mediocre food - all sizzle, no steak. I'd rather spend my dining dollars at someone's pride-and-joy hole-in-the-wall (can you spell Curry Creek Cafe?). All I ask is that somebody really care about what they're doing...

• Visited January 2013