“Coffee as They Like It”

Black Gold Coffee Roasters
Ranked #1 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Venice
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are a coffee shop that roasts our own coffee in store. We specialize in micro estate and direct trade coffee. We also serve coffee drinks, tea, etc. in store and togo. We also have homemade baked goods and light sandwiches, salads and soup.
Reviewed March 26, 2018

We have been going for coffee here since they opened a few years ago. The coffee is great. The service however has gone down hill. They provide only cream at the counter and if you want milk in your coffee they will no longer give you that on the side, they insist on putting it in your coffee for you so it is coffee as they like it not you. Both times we tried this we had far too much milk and left most of our coffee behind. We will no longer go there and waste our money.

1  Thank Gordon P

Reviewed March 4, 2018

Great Bagel and Lox and excellent coffee. A good place for a light breakfast or snack. The owner is there to help or make suggestions.

Reviewed February 6, 2018

Not good service. The Manager is not telling the truth. There was NO other than the two seater by the counter. Where I was told to move outside I asked the clerk where it was labeled "Reserve". He could not because the was NO sign. I won't be back.

1  Thank Dennis Q
Gary L, Owner at Black Gold Coffee Roasters, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2018

Hi Dennis,
I am sorry you feel you had a bad experience in my store. We strive to make everyones experience here a good one; after all, this is a small, independent coffee cafe and roaster selling some of the worlds best micro estate coffees!! If you sat at a table that was reserved, ...clearly marked RESERVED..., you would have been asked to move if you did not reserve it. It would be no different in any other restaurant or cafe. Not really sure why you seem to have such an issue with us over this. I would really like to discuss your claimed situation on the phone. Please call the cafe to discuss or if you choose not to, try sitting in some other businesses reserved table and see what happens.

~Gary

Reviewed November 25, 2017 via mobile

This was my second visit. Both times I felt less than welcome. They weren't nasty, just not really nice. Coffee is good, food is OK for coffee shop food. Atmosphere is fun and they have some outside seating which is nice. This last visit someone in my party grabbed the wrong coffee off the counter. When I returned it, I was met with a rather icy stare. Sorry dude, it was a mistake and I apologized for it. Sad part was I think he was a manager or owner.

1  Thank TemporaryIslander
Gary L, Owner at Black Gold Coffee Roasters, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2017

Hi TemporaryIslander!
I am sorry you had a problem with my staff. This is very unusual because everyone really enjoys working here! I am the currently the only guy who is in the cafe, front of the house. I am not usually making drinks or behind the counter anymore. I have been able to focus on other aspects of my business. So here in lies my confusion. If I, the owner, didn't do this and I am the only guy that might be working the front, who did this? Needless to say,
I have a few questions for you in regards to your experiences in my business. I would appreciate it very much if you would please call me at the cafe 941-822-7532 to discuss and make things right by you!
Thank you!!

Gary

Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

Awesome coffee! I love this place! They have a large variety of specialty drinks. I love coming here when we visit Venice.