“Would go again if in town”

Black Gold Coffee Roasters
Ranked #1 of 8 Coffee & Tea in Venice
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are a coffee shop that roasts our own coffee in store. We specialize in micro estate and direct trade coffee. We also serve coffee drinks, tea, etc. in store and togo. We also have homemade baked goods and light sandwiches, salads and soup.
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Good strong coffee and beakfast sandwich. Clean bathrooms. Friendly service. Nice atmosphere. Good Internet.

1  Thank FreeSpirit2108

Reviewed February 22, 2014

If I was local, I would live at Black Gold. Great breakfast, environment, and service. The coffee is to die for and the staff are wonderful as well. Definitely going back before we leave!

2  Thank Katelin B
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I worked at a starbucks in NY, and as a result I love dark coffee. So my daughter and I visited here our second day in town. She is expecting so there was no coffee in her future, but she did have the berry smoothie. She said it was not to sour, very nice tasting and a good surprise. I had a cup of their dark coffee. What a treat! Rich, full bodied without the trademark bitter bite that SB has. The roaster (they roast their own) was off on the side where you could see it. What ever their recipe is, trust me, it works. Amazing place, but the best part (besides the cuppa joe) is that I can now purchase it via the internet. So happy :)

1  Thank shos2gou
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere, clean store with background music and nice decor. Excellent customer service. Coffe is top of the line. Not the cheapest, but I'd rather pay a few cents more and thoroughly enjoy my coffee than go to a chain and drink genetic coffee.
Only down fall is there's a $5 minimum to pay with credit card or debit card. So bring cash if your purchasing just a cup of coffee. Pastries are always fresh and worth it. Bottom line, you get what you pay for. One of the best coffee shop I've ever been to.

2  Thank theone27
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I'm a regular and have been since it opened. What great coffee and wonderful servers - always with a smile and very accommodating. The place is always immaculately clean and the ambiance relaxing and friendly.
Well done Gary (owner) Nick and everyone!

2  Thank purdey486