“Loved it!”
Review of Night Owl Eatery - CLOSED

Night Owl Eatery
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Open Tuesday Wednesday Thrusday 6pm-2am Friday and Saturday 6pm-3am Pick up or dine in.
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved it!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We ate here while we were visiting some friends of ours. They raved about the place, so we decided to go. The atmosphere, the food, the service, it all was just amazing! We had such good food, we ended up eating there twice more before we left town. It's now on our "to-do" list every time we visit!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Mrsrmitchell

Siesta Key, Florida
“Homemade and Delicious”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We have visited Night Owls twice so far & both times we left full, satisfied and wanting more! The 1st trip we tried two of the "ginormous sandwiches" , The Italian owl with Grilled mushrooms, onions, green peppers, shaved prime rib, Italian sausage, marinara, & a mozzarella cheese styx. Along with a Cheese steak nights owl’s that had Grilled shaved prime rib, cheese sauce, onions straws, mozzarella cheese styx, fried mushrooms & green peppers. First let me say that the shaved prime rib is amazing so tender and juicy! and the cheese sauce! i DREAM about it! plus all the fixings are hand made so these are not your run of the mill cheese sticks or onion straws you can see, taste, and Feel the love in every item..everything is hand made from scratch. need i say more? Some other failed to mention but needs to be exploited items are the fried green tomatoes, lightly battered and so tasty. The chicken wings were said to be "the best shes every had" and "better than SKOB" (my daughter). lets not forget the mac n cheese ball.... the owner brought one out to sample and man i was blown away, it was the size of a baseball and when you cut into it the perfect amount of cheesy goodness oozed out.. AMAZING even I, a culinary school Grad, was impressed with how this was made as ive ate many attempts but none have ever measured up to this one. I cant wait to go back just make sure you come VERY hungry as portions are of the awesome magnitude and no need to bring a lot of money as its fairly priced.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Texasmade84
Ackley, Iowa
“We were not impressed with the food.”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

This is a small, tacky restaurant. The only bathroom is not in the restaurant, you have to walk down the sidewalk outside the building to a shared bathroom with other businesses there. Although the staff and management are friendly and helpful, the food leaves much to be desired. Part of the menu is designed for picky 10 year olds. It has things covered in mac and cheese or chicken tenders, fried Oreos, fried Twinkies, and fried cookie dough. We ordered the Adam owl sandwich and the pulled pork. The coleslaw tasted nothing like coleslaw and more like lettuce with mayo in it. The BBQ sauce they put in the pulled pork was too spicy for me and had no flavor really other than spicy. I enjoy BBQ with flavor that is sweet and tangy. This tasted more like they opened a cheap jar of BBQ sauce from the dollar store and stirred it into the meat with some cayenne pepper. There are TV screens at the few tables but when trying to use them we could not get a single thing to play. It was all shows you had to pay for or would not work. What's the point? Even the server couldn't get anything to work. Neat idea if it was functional. We considered going to another location to eat after we left but it was already late.

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank IggysTravellers
San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gem of a place”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Went in for a dinner date with my daughter and had the best time! The owner personally took my order and catered to my every want....even making my steak and cheese herself with "extra cheese because everything's better extra cheesy". My daughter had Mac n cheese balls cooked to perfection. And we shared some wings made with homemade BBQ sauce..YUM! We finished our awesome meal off with deep fried Oreo cookies! Words cannot describe the awesomeness of this dessert! I cannot wait to go back to this family eatery, such a great place.

1 Thank Brandy S
Sarasota, Florida
“hold on now”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

From the reviews, I expected my experience at the Nightowl eatery, sit down, to be phenomenal. I went with my wife for the first time after having a philly cheese take out once. The person behind the counter was trying to do her best but was also working with her toddler on her hip, in the kitchen. That was a first for me, which is kind of a surprise. The food took a while but the server delivered a deep fried oreo to compensate us for the our patience. The wings were without meat but mostly skin, gristle and bone. I did like the sauce they were serve with but some meat on them would have been nice too! I wanted to sit down because the fries were cold when I did the takeout but they weren't much better at the restaurant. Still just warm. My wife got the quesadilla and liked but had a hard time getting past the server/owner? cleaning her ear with her finger while taking our order and the child running around in the kitchen. Doubtful there will be a third trip.

• Visited July 2014