“Great owners”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: 317B West Venice Avenue
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Owners were personable and served up a great meal! Nice people. Enjoyed talking about Czech Republic with them.
Food was good too!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

After reading the ratings on Tripadvisor, I decided to spend my wedding anniversary here. We were looking for a local, intimate location with good food. First impression: It looks like someone closed a book store, removed the middle shelving and tossed in a few tables and chairs from the 'basic' section of Ikea. No flowers, no napkins, no cozy corners, no comfy chairs, no ambiance at all . My husband told the waiter it was our anniversary, and he said nothing, not a word. Possibly there was a language barrier? The place was empty, but several tables came in soon after. It was small enough to lend to visiting and meeting fellow diners, which we did enjoy during the long wait for our entrees. The salads were fresh and tasty, but my Salmon was badly overcooked. The burned dry side was placed down, so as not to immediately notice it. When the waiter asked how it was, I showed him and told him it was very over done. He apologized but offer no remedy. I was not looking for a free meal, but an offer to refire my fish or a dessert would have been appropriate. My husbands filet had raw bacon around it and was just passable. I guess we will keep searching for that special place, this for sure is not it!

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Love this fabulous food and prompt attentive service. We have a fabulous meal and great Czech beer and wine

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I love TEF Bistro & Winery. We come here at least once a months for the Czech Food every third Wednesday of each months. The Potato and Bread Dumplings are out of this world. Just last night we enjoyed the pork roast with Sweet and Sour Cabbage and dumplings and the fantastic homemade Apple strudel. Nice personal atmosphere and Czech beer! The young owners Eliska and Thomas are Czech and they personally cook and wait on their guests.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

My dining companion and I were a bit daunted by the fact that we were the only ones in the restaurant at 5:45 pm on a Friday night, but are so happy we stayed! I ordered the sirloin medium rare and he had the pork chops, plus the bruschetta appetizer. The bruschetta was a very generous portion and extremely fresh and absolutely delish, as were the salads. Although my sirloin was a bit more on the medium side than med. rare, it was still very tasty. I ordered the mushroom sauce on the side, but my steak was so yummy I preferred to eat it sans sauce. My dining companion said his pork chop was perfect- he enjoyed my sauce with it. Presentation was worthy of a picture, but I didn't take one because I wanted to dive right in and start enjoying! Service was very good, and nice to find a place to carry on a conversation without having to shout...