“When in Venice”

Made In Italy
Ranked #13 of 242 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Come and Enjoy Fresh Authentic Italian Cuisine. We serve- Antipasti- Insalate- Zuppe- Pasta- Entrees, and Wood Oven Pizza. Now proudly serving fresh fruit martinis and specially crafted cocktails in our beautiful martini bar. Peppe and Alessandro are waiting for you!
Warren, Ohio
“When in Venice”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

While strolling the shops in Venice, my companion and I decided on Made In Italy for lunch. It was drizzling outside, so we sat inside at a table near the window.
Our server took our drink orders then promptly returned with them as well as bread and a shallow plate of seasoned olive oil for dipping. We ordered an appetizer of (6) skewered grilled shrimp with tomatoes and sweet bell peppers. The shrimp was nicely grilled, not overdone, and the charred cherry tomatoes burst with sweet flavor. While the appy was quite tasty, I felt at $14 for one skewer was a bit steep.
Next came the Regina Margherita pizza, baked in the wood burning oven. My companion proclaimed it delicious and the piece that I ate was very good (I personally would have liked more basil...), but the slight char on the crust IS the best part. I also ordered the Insalta Made In Italy, consisting of radicchio, arugula, endive and shaved parm (more like sheets of parm...yum). It just needed a splash of olive oil and a few drops of balsamic at the table.
Overall, based on my experience, I would return to Made In Italy when in Venice, Florida.

Dallas, Texas, United States
“Beware of Pricey Pizza”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

My husband and I vacation each year in Venice, FL. This year we decided to try some new restaurants in addition to visiting our tried and true favorites. Made in Italy was one that we chose because every time we drove or walked by they were bust. At this point we weren't sure if it was due to the cocktail bar or the restaurant but we were excited to give it a try.

We both had a taste for pizza but you cannot order the ingredients you want. All you can do is choose one of their designer pizzas. So we decided to go with the Tartufella (tomato sauce, mozzarella, porcini mushrooms, sausage, truffle oil, shaved parmesan) because it was closest to what we order at home.

When we asked our waitress if the pizza was thin & crispy her reply was condescending with "this is not Pizza Hut." So we bit the bullet and ordered two (2) what they call foot long pizzas at $14.95 each so we would have left overs.

The thin & crispy crust from their wood burning oven was soggy in the middle but the worst part was the LACK of ingredients on the pizza. What they had on the double portion pizza wouldn't even cover one portion and at the $14.95 per pizza price that was absolutely outrageous. So our $30.00 designer pizza wasn't worth eating let alone taking for leftovers.

Sadly we would have enjoyed a Pizza Hut pizza much more and saved ourselves some money. Not sure we will try them again but if we do it certainly isn't going to be for pizza.

1 Thank Marcey B
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Have It All!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Beautiful ambiance, the BEST espresso shot, fresh cocktails (literally), AMAZING food, and passionate staff....make sure to ask about the ravioli of the day! But biggest compliment of them all: my boyfriend and I went in with my very vegetarian mom and his carnivorous mother and were able to order one pizza al metro (by the yard) for all of us! Whether you're sitting right on Venice Avenue, in the Italian brick dining room in the back, or in their beautiful new lounge next door, you are guaranteed quality from beginning to end! Well done to all involved! Can't wait to go back!

1 Thank Jenny M
Venice, Florida
“Wanted to love it but...a bug crawled out of...”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Ok...I read the reviews and thought this would be a great place to take the kids because they would enjoy the"metro" giant pizza.... First of all, you have to order 4 individual pizzas to get the metro which added up to $54 for pizza... Definitely expensive for pizza!!! But the worst part was that after the waiter put the 2 wooden blocks on our table to elevate the pizza, a bug ( which did look like a roach) crawled right out of the wooden box! My husband grabbed a napkin and killed it. When the waiter returned, we told him and he acted annoyed!!?? Never apologized and the manager didn't even come over to apologize or address the issue. Totally grossed us out and the lack of customer service was appalling. I would never return.

2 Thank Dee3332014
Drammen
“Busy place, good food”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Busy place and a little noisy. Pizza was really good, and they serve it on a large plate which they put in the midle of the table - makes it easier to taste the other's pizza's ;) Good service.

Visited July 2014