“Never go back...”

Made In Italy
Ranked #12 of 247 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Come and Enjoy Fresh Authentic Italian Cuisine. We serve- Antipasti- Insalate- Zuppe- Pasta- Entrees, and Wood Oven Pizza. Now proudly serving fresh fruit martinis and specially crafted cocktails in our beautiful martini bar. Peppe and Alessandro are waiting for you!
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I've read all these wonderful reviews and thought this place must be excellent. These reviews must be for a different place. We went to dinner there last night and I must admit, the place was busy. It seems that even though money is tighter these days, there are plenty of people that like throwing it away. To start off with, the place was overpriced. A 3oz. glass of house wine was 8.95 at the bar. A mixed drink was 8.50. We finally got seated and ordered dinner. I wanted to order a calzone and asked if I could substitute sausage instead of ham. No can do. Why? Because sausage takes to long to cook!!!! Maybe it's me, but I do believe I've had a sausage calzone or 2 in my lifetime. Wonder how they did it. Anyway, I guess it was too much effort to accommodate a customer. By the way, the ham calzone would have cost 13.95. They must use solid gold ham. Most places charge 8.95-9.95.
My wife ordered a pasta dish. When she was served, the pasta was black in color. Never seen black pasta before. We found out later, it was squid pasta. It tasted like long dead fish. She didn't eat the small portion she was served. My sister in law ordered had a veal dish that came with 2 tiny medallions of veal. Bread is served with dinner but no salad.
The service was good even though the waitress didn't speak English well.
We stopped at MacDonalds on the way home to get some food in our stomachs.
If overpaying for trendy food in small portions, this place is for you. If you are like me, look for good food elsewhere.

2  Thank Brian F
Write a ReviewReviews (1,163)

Reviewed November 9, 2013

The food is lovingly prepared with the way the Italians eat in Italy...family recipes and family runs it. Their supervision and their presence is magnetic. You can tell everyone who works there loves what they do and they love and appreciate the food. There is an open wood fire pizza oven. However, the pizza is over the top, but PLEASE this is NOT another pizza parlor. All the pasta dishes have homemade silky fresh pasta. The lasagna bolognese is made with fresh squares of this silky pasta. One of the specials that night was a mixed grill which my husband is still lusting after. They have an antipasto of sautéed veggies... like none I have ever had before...that's a must try. Lastly the dessert of flourless chocolate almond torte was crazy...we are all still talking about that....4 of us shared that as it was so large. Make reservations!!! Or go early before 6PM. Even their bread is fresh made in their oven....check out the pic of their 4 ft. pizza for 6 to share, with 2 large pieces each...make it as many styles of pizza you want. THAT was amazing to watch the pizza chef spin it out...it was as long as he was tall at one point. The place is great. You'll be putting this on your list, trust me.

1  Thank lbruna
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The bride and I had never stopped in here to eat since we thought it was just a pizza place. We were wrong. In fact, the pizza, which we had had on other occasions, is not the reason to go here. The menu food is much better. They have a decent wine list and a fairly extensive menu. Our dishes were excellent and the comments at tables near us seemed to indicate that this was not an exception. They have also have a full bar next door, but you can't get the menu there, just bar food. The service was very good and attentive.

We will return.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We have always enjoyed our visits to this authentic Italian restaurant and continue to visit it every time we are in the area on vacation. The specials are always delicious and I usually try one of them when we visit. This week I had the Mushroom Ravioli special which was very good. My husband always goes with the Calzone which is HUGE and he swears is the best he has ever had. We always get the Caprese appetizer and everyone including the kids love it. This is a small restaurant but the servers are on the ball and we are always pleased when we leave. Great wine selection too. A must visit everytime we are in the area.

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

This was definitely the best meal we had while on our vacation. I highly recommend adding this restaurant to your to do list while visiting Venice. They had a nice wine selection to accompany your meal. we plan on stopping here again before we go back home.