“Burnt sauce” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Made In Italy

Made In Italy
Ranked #14 of 240 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Come and Enjoy Fresh Authentic Italian Cuisine. We serve- Antipasti- Insalate- Zuppe- Pasta- Entrees, and Wood Oven Pizza. Now proudly serving fresh fruit martinis and specially crafted cocktails in our beautiful martini bar. Peppe and Alessandro are waiting for you!
Trumbull, Connecticut
“Burnt sauce”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

I really wanted to like this place but had to tell the truth. To be honest, since I have been going to Italy every year I have been called a food snob. Either that or my standards have become a lot higher. I pasted by this restaurant one evening and to my surprise all the waiters we speaking Italian, even the customers. We decided to stay for dinner so we sat down and ordered a glass of wine. They were very pleasant and brought us some real good home made Italian bread. Now I am getting excited and expect an awesome meal. We were talked into their special, home made pasta with meats and their home made sauce. Well the meal was almost uneatable. The sauce was burnt or something. I was heart broken. All other customers were chowing down like that was their first ever Italian meal. I don't get it. Boy, if those people ever tasted a meal from Italy they would die. Sorry guys.

1 Thank Renato7

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food with fantastic servers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband and I stopped in for a late lunch and picked this place based on the reviews. We were not disappointed! The minestrone soup was the best I've ever had - made with very fresh vegetables. My husband's caesar salad was better than average. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the woodfired pizzas. We split one with sausage, tomatoes, mozzarella, mushrooms, and truffle oil. The servers were knowledgable, timely, and made great recommendations.

1 Thank PharmTravelin
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
“Forget the Pasta Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We had a meal at this restaurant last night and the special past dish was a big mistake. The waiter told us that this was so good that we would think that this dish was so good that we would never forget it for the rest of our life.The dish was served cold so we sent back to the kitchen and they warmed it up and it was just Ok. Then my wife was sick from the meal. I was lucky with the veal dish which was nice.She will never forget the dish so be careful.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Northern California
“Italy in Venice, Fl? Why yes indeed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Found this gem by accident! Just strolling down Main St with our pooches and BAM there it was! It was like the angels were singing to us. We love food and we triple love awesome food. Everything is imported from Italy and YUM. Our waiter, Justin-O was great and very knowledgeable about the menu. Explained everything to us in details. I wish I could remember the cheese we had with our appetizer..it was delicious. Fresh, huge chunks of feta cheese in our salad. Nice bread. And our pooches were even allowed to sit outside with us. We only had appetizers, but we will be going here again very soon to try the pizza's; true wood burning pizza oven and their fresh made pastas!

2 Thank RockyGeorge
Venice, Florida, United States
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Excellent food, gracious owners, courteous and efficient wait staff and an abundance of atmosphere are what make Made In Italy such a popular restaurant in Venice. There is seating available inside, on the sidewalk in front of the restaurant or on the back patio. If you choose inside seating, the fun is in watching pizza and bread being made in the open wood burning brick oven. I have eaten here several times and have always been delighted with what was served.

2 Thank Embeelemons