“ALMOST LIKE BEING BACK IN PARIS!!!!”
Review of Le Petit Bistrot - CLOSED

Le Petit Bistrot
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: French Cuisine. Breakfast, Lunch And Dinnermonday To Friday: 11:00am To 3:00pm And 5:30pm To 9:00pm Saturday And Sunday: 9:am To 3:00pm And 5:30pm To 9:00pm
Englewood, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,926 helpful votes
“ALMOST LIKE BEING BACK IN PARIS!!!!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Today for the first time I tried this little place on the Island of Venice. It changed owners a couple years back, and I had not returned since. I ordered the CROQUE MADAME, and that was truly one of the best I have tasted in many years. My companion had the QUICHE LORAINE and she too was quite satisfied. Coffee was fresh brewed and excellent quality. Service by Tiffany was marvelous. I will definitely return!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank mamamia70

Venice, Florida
“Enjoying a bit of Paris in Venice!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Five of us enjoyed a delightful meal in this charming, neighborhood bistro. We loved it! The caper sauce on the fish --delicious!
No bar. Ignore rating!

Sarasota, FL
“Just a Bit Above Average - Real French Food? (debatable)”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

After spending several vacations in Paris over the years, We decided to stop by on a Sunday around 1pm to give it a try after reading several rave reviews, mostly about dinner. Sunday they were serving breakfast and lunch, which was a nice combination for the weekend given the time of day. The menus are laminated with pictures of the food, which I found somewhat tacky. The drink orders were unique which was interesting. My partner ordered fresh lemonade and I ordered a cafe latte. My friend questioned why I didn't order a cafe au lait? (it wasn't on the menu!). I explained that they were basically the same thing, but who ever heard of a French restaurant not having cafe au lait ?
I ordered the quiche lorraine and my partner ordered the Key West sandwich. Our waiter promptly came back and said they were out of the vegetable quiche, which I said no problem because I ordered the quiche lorraine. They were out of the French onion soup, so we opted for the vicchyssoise instead. It was refreshing on a hot July day.
The quiche lorraine was served with some torn up iceberg lettuce as a "salad". I cannot in any memory recall being served iceberg lettuce in a French restaurant (and only iceberg). The side of fresh dijon vinagrette was tasty. The bottom crust on the quiche was a bit undercooked in my opinion. My partner loved his Key West baguette.
I'm in total agreement with the other reviewer JasonAndBerea about the bread..."bread was served, stale and cold with actual butter packets."
I wish them luck, but don't think we'll be going back again. I can think of better ways to spend
$38.00 on lunch.

2 Thank SRQ-Travelor
Boston, Ma
“A little jewel...”
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

It's a vey small place and reminded me of bistros in Paris. We had our requisite escargot. Not disappointed. Service was a little slow with the restaurant being almost empty. This could be a problem for busy dinner. Food was really good with normally presentation. I will come back.

Visited July 2013
Venice, Florida
“Microwave Meals”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Our evening there went like this: *restaurant was out of lobster bisque and onion soup. We were told vicchyssoise was not cold yet. Those were the only soup options. *bread was served, stale and cold with actual butter packets. *As we waited for dinner (there were two other couples in restaurant) it was very quiet, yet the only noise was VERY reminiscent of a microwave door opening, closing and beeping. Coincidentally, once all parties had their food, the noise stopped. *Our beef bourguigoun was comparable to a lean cuisine microwave meal. The plates were hot,parts of the meal were hot, yet carrots were cold. So painfully obvious that it was microwaved but my husband told me to be nice. Overall, I am so shocked this place has gotten good reviews. We would never even consider going back. Sad to say, too, because it is such a charming building.

2 Thank JasonAndBerea