“Thumbs Up” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Petit Bistrot - CLOSED

Le Petit Bistrot
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: FRENCH CUISINE. BREAKFAST, LUNCH AND DINNERMONDAY TO FRIDAY: 11:00AM TO 3:00PM AND 5:30PM TO 9:00PM SATURDAY AND SUNDAY: 9:AM TO 3:00PM AND 5:30PM TO 9:00PM
Danville, Illinois
“Thumbs Up”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

We ate here on a Friday evening at 5;30 PM. The restaurant is definitely French in cuisine and feeling. The ground floor seating is relaxed and comfortable. (We didn't check out the upstairs.)

The waitress was friendly and helpful Our starters, the house pate for Joan, and vichysoisse for me, were much to our liking. The vichysoisse was served at room temperature. It was creamy and refreshing. Joan had flounder after that. I had the beef burgundy. Both were satisfying. For dessert, there's a large selection of crepes at $5.00 that were very tempting, but we didn't try them on this visit.

With the view of palm trees out the windows, we felt for a moment we were in Nice.

What a treat to have a real French bistro in Venice. It 'll be our first stop when we're back in the area.

• Visited April 2013

NEW YORK
“Always Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

They never disappoint.. Today was our fourth visit hear thi year. The crepes are always great and the included salad is solid. We recently had Beef Bourginone for dinner coupled with an absolutely super onion soup. In the past we had had lunch there but this meal made it certain we will return for dinner often. One of the best spots in restaurant rich Venicei

Windermere, Florida
“Fine dining..worth the wait!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

The Beef Burguignon was formidable!
They offer Crepes from lunch menu for kids in order to compensate a kids menu.
My Husband had Duck Confit. Excellent. Daughter thought lobster bisque wasn't too hot. Son did not like Crepes with Sirloin..Gorgonzola added is more like roquefort (very strong).

Nokomis, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude service, but hey, it's a French restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I've eaten here twice before and had similar experiences each time, so I thought I'd finally write about it. The food, while tasty, is served in underwhelming portions. My friend had a ham panini and there was one tiny slice of ham and one small slice of cheese. I ordered a "French Burger" medium rare, which the menu says was ground sirloiin. When it arrived, it was crumbled sirloin and not a patty. The "medium rare" should have been a clue for the server to let me know this was crumbled meat and not a typical hamburger, as all hamburgers are made of "ground" beef. I was surprised by this on delivery and she handled it poorly, overreacting with "Well, what do you want me to do?" in a rude tone. I told her to leave it. I ate it, and it actually was good, though I don't think it was properly represented on the menu. My friend and I ordered iced teas, which were $2.50 each, and arrived without lemons. They said there were no lemons in house. I asked for a splash of lemonade in mine which she did, but when she came around for refills, she rudely informed me that the lemonade was NOT included in the refills. Seriously? You are out of lemons, you can't accommodate a customer who wants a splash of lemonade in the tea, and you charge $2.50 for an iced tea? I also asked her for pickles for my sandwich and I could see she was rolling her eyes and making remarks about me to the cashier. I normally tip 20-30% and I want to support this place because I own an apartment in the building. She got 15% and I doubt she had a clue what she did wrong. Take it from this former service employee: honey, trust me, you did EVERYTHING wrong.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank WahineInChief
Venice, Florida
“Consistently good cooking but slow when busy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Having dined here a few times already, I know the food is reliable but recently experienced very slow service on a busy Monday night. Took almost two hours for our party of four with no special requests, just made the 8PM curtain at the theatre. So factor that into your planning until the snowbirds leave. Also very disappointed that no lobster bisque that night or their famous Beef Bourguignon which is almost unforegiveable.

1 Thank Jack R