“Great Food!”

Blu' Island Bistro
Ranked #6 of 247 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A local hot spot where everyone knows your name! Chef/Owner Alan Laskowski, Culinary Institute of America Alumunus delivers a gourmet twist on everyday favorites. Chef Alan won the local Iron Chef, Best of Philadelphia, People's Choice Award and many more. From meat lovers to vegetarians, and the gluten free, we have something for everyone. Comfortable and chic, just a few blocks away from the beautiful gulf of mexico. Located conveniently on the Island of Venice, one block south of Venice Hospital, attached to the Island Sun Inn Hotel. Breakfast/Lunch 6 days with breakfast all day that give the word creative all new meaning. Restaurant, Private Parties, Catering, Private Party Room.
Reviewed August 21, 2014

My husband and I had planned to visit a restaurant in the Venice area but the reviews for that restaurants were not good so we looked on Trip Advisor and foundBlu Island Bistro, decided to give it a try and we were not disappointed. From the chef/owner to the servers, everyone was friendly and knowledgeable. My husband had the Reuben which contained thick slices of corned beef and was very flavorful. I ordered the BBQ pork sandwich which was topped with french fries and coleslaw. Delicious! Don't try to eat this as a sandwich because it is so huge. I ordered onion rings as a side and they were the best I've had in years! Servings are very large and the food is delicious. We will definitely go back to Blu Island Bistro and try their other menu offerings.

1  Thank puffkitten
alan l, Owner at Blu' Island Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Thank you so much for writing us a review! I am so pleased you and your husband enjoyed your meals! We hope to see you again!

Chef/Owner Alan

Write a ReviewReviews (1,099)

Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I go here for lunch a lot and have absolutely loved every meal we've had!!! What a Chef!!!!

1  Thank Hope121970

Hope121970,

Wow, thanks so much! Cooking for someone like you and your husband makes it all worth while! Your kind words will be shared with my staff-thanks so much!

Reviewed August 16, 2014

We were here for a late lunch on Sat. Aug 16. The service was quick and friendly. The Blu Salad contained numbers kinds of fruit and a wonderful dressing. My hubby had the Cuban panini, which was equally delicious. We will be back!

1  Thank tajmahowl

tajmahowl,

cute name! I am so glad you enjoyed your visit with us, and we truly appreciate you taking the time to write us a review! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 12, 2014

I've only been in Venice for 4 days, but I've eaten here twice - it's that good. I've had the Blu Salad, which is delicious. It's hard to find a good salad here (or anywhere) but this is a keeper - great fresh fruit, great greens. The other day I had the mushroom omelet, which was also delicious. Friends ordered the grouper sandwich, and it's great too. I'd have eaten the hummus plate as an entree - so nice that it wasn't drowning in olive oil. The bargain is the pitcher of sangria - which comes with that same fabulous premium fruit as the salad. Normally restaurant fruit cups are filler melons that have no flavor, but not here. Its big sweet blueberries, fat blackberries, tasty strawberries, oranges, grapefruits, etc. I'll be here another 5 days, and I'm hoping to get to eat here at least 3 more times - it's head and shoulders above everywhere else we've eaten in Venice. Ambiance is good outside - it's dog friendly on the patio, and the service is warm and friendly without being smothering. YUM!

2  Thank piccolascimmia

Piccolascimmia,

Wow! What a review, and pics too! Thank you so much, not only for choosing us, but also for taking the time to write us a review. So pleased you were happy with the service too-that is very important to us! Please say hello next time you are in!

Chef/owner Alan

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Went here based on Trip advisor reviews and was not disappointed. Sunday Lunch was the order of the day and we have a variety of choices from the lunch menu. All the food was perfect and the onion strings are to die for. Great fries with the Burger according to the boy and home made soup plus a desert was perfect for the daughter.

As other reviews said this is not the fastest of venues but am sure that if we had said we needed a step on then that could have been accomplished by the very helpful staff. So go when you are not in a rush and am sure you will not be disappointed.

2  Thank Dean K

Dean,

Thanks so much for trying us out, I am pleased you enjoyed your lunch with your family!

We are not fast food by any means, everything is made to order, thus taking a bit more time.

I truly appreciate your business, and we hope to see you again.