“Delicous”

Blu' Island Bistro
Ranked #6 of 252 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A local hot spot where everyone knows your name! Chef/Owner Alan Laskowski, Culinary Institute of America Alumunus delivers a gourmet twist on everyday favorites. Chef Alan won the local Iron Chef, Best of Philadelphia, People's Choice Award and many more. From meat lovers to vegetarians, and the gluten free, we have something for everyone. Comfortable and chic, just a few blocks away from the beautiful gulf of mexico. Located conveniently on the Island of Venice, one block south of Venice Hospital, attached to the Island Sun Inn Hotel. Breakfast/Lunch 6 days with breakfast all day that give the word creative all new meaning. Restaurant, Private Parties, Catering, Private Party Room.
Reviewed July 11, 2014

This is truly the best restaurant in Venice. I'm shocked that it is not number 1 on tripadvisor!!!!!

alan l, Owner at Blu' Island Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Zach,

Wow, thanks so much for that huge compliment! I am so pleased you enjoy dining with us! Please introduce yourself next time you are in!

Chef/owner Alan

Write a ReviewReviews (1,176)

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I'm the Aunt Natalie spoke of. I was so pleased to find such a great place for breakfast, brunch, or whatever. I had the porkroll sandwich with sauted onions and ketchup. Yum....Really, where can you ever find that in a restaurant, done so well, with nicely toasted bread ! I also splurged on one pancake, to check how it fared. my oh my.......a perfect pancake. Run, don't walk to Blu'

alan l, Owner at Blu' Island Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Antoinette,

Wow, thank you so much for your review! Welcome to Venice, you will be so pleased you moved here! Please introduce yourself next time youre in!

Thanks again,

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I was really looking forward to this on my birthday. Overall was good . (not really for the price) Presentations were first class. the Blu salad was full of good stuff but needed a little something for our pallette. Lobster bisque was good enough. The bread with the really good oil dipping sauce was nice. The pork chop was the highlight in a blackberry sauce. The kobe beef burger had good flavor. The side items were worthless, died out potatoes and overcooked vegetables. There are better places to spend your money ($25-35 person)

alan l, Owner at Blu' Island Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

fischdl,

Thank you for visiting us for your birthday dinner and I am pleased you enjoyed most of your meal! I apologize for the items you were disappointed with. Ratatouille is a traditional french stewed vegetable dish, the veggies are presented "stew like" and very soft. Please come back and try us again, we would love to have you. Our vegetables change (as does our menu) weekly based on what the market offers. Please ask for me personally.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

This is a great little restraunt hidden away at a local motel, the Island Sun Inn. A unique menu and everything on it is very good. We stayed at the motel for eleven days and ate at the Blu" Iskand Bistro often. We were never disappointed.

Paulonthemove,

So glad you enjoyed your stay here in Venice and thanks so much for visiting the restaurant so often! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review, and we hope to see you again!

Thanks so much,

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Really a talented chef here.great tasting food for breakfast lunch or dinner.
great service too.I hope they find a larger place some day, only because it is becoming more popular and it can be loud inside.

clmcdonald9,

Thank you for your compliments! As for a bigger place, we prefer to keep it cozy but understand the noise at the same time is not favorable....looking into some options. Thanks so much for dining with us.