“Good eating”

Blu' Island Bistro
Ranked #6 of 250 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A local hot spot where everyone knows your name! Chef/Owner Alan Laskowski, Culinary Institute of America Alumunus delivers a gourmet twist on everyday favorites. Chef Alan won the local Iron Chef, Best of Philadelphia, People's Choice Award and many more. From meat lovers to vegetarians, and the gluten free, we have something for everyone. Comfortable and chic, just a few blocks away from the beautiful gulf of mexico. Located conveniently on the Island of Venice, one block south of Venice Hospital, attached to the Island Sun Inn Hotel. Breakfast/Lunch 6 days with breakfast all day that give the word creative all new meaning. Restaurant, Private Parties, Catering, Private Party Room.
Reviewed June 1, 2014

The food here is fantastic, fresh and cooked to perfection by a culinary genius. It's a small place with a cooks kitchen so the service and waiting time is quick and pleasant.

alan l, Owner at Blu' Island Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Livingood2014,

Thank you! Please introduce yourself next time you are in, I must know who is calling me a culinary genius! :) So pleased you enjoy everything here. Thanks again for taking the time to write a review!

Chef Alan

Write a ReviewReviews (1,116)

Reviewed June 1, 2014

This is one of our favorite restaurants in Venice. Whether it be breakfast, lunch or dinner the food is consistently good and the servers are terrific. Kim and Handsome Al make you feel welcome. Try it and you will LOVE it!

1  Thank Jovju

Jovju,

Big smile! Thank you so much, we truly appreciate your business!

Handsome Chef Al :)

Reviewed May 31, 2014

My husband and I went here for dinner after reading all the wonderful reviews and so glad we did! The atmosphere was cozy and inviting and the food was amazing; everything tasted so fresh. We will definitely be coming back next time we visit!

alan l, Owner at Blu' Island Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

Jenna,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review, and taking the time to write one! We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again!

Thanks again,

Reviewed May 31, 2014

I had lunch with a friend yesterday at Blu' and it was excellent. Best fish tacos EVER, and my friend had the Blu salad, which she also enjoyed. Tracy was our server and was very helpful and gracious. I was so excited to find this lovely little place that I invited my husband to dinner this evening. It was night and day. We both had the white potato truffle soup with mushrooms, which was horrid. It tasted like lukewarm, liquid instant mashed potatoes, almost gritty. For dinner, my husband had the scallops which were nice and sweet and I had the cobia, which was good but slightly overcooked. I'm glad we were somewhat satisfied with the dinner because we never saw the waitress again until she came to pick up our plates. We both had iced tea. My glass was empty for most of the meal so I finally asked the busboy to get me some water. He took my iced tea glass and filled it with water. No use to complain, it would have only made what I had hoped to be a special evening even worse. I'll go back for lunch, but don't believe I'll ever return for dinner. So sorry to complain but they busted my bubble.

Pam,

Thank you for choosing us to dine in Venice! I am very pleased you enjoyed lunch with us. Your dinner experience is not consistent with the level of excellence and quality we provide, with that being said, would you please contact me at Alan@bluislandbistro.com or call 485-8200 so I am able to rectify this immediately for you?

Reviewed May 31, 2014

We have been going to the Blu Island since it opened. We moved here at the same time. We know that our dining experience will be good. We will go for breakfast and follow up with a dinner because it's that good! Alan's changing menu is always a treat. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

Gatorbait67,

We truly appreciate your loyalty and compliments! We are so pleased to have great customers like yourself! Your review will be shared with our staff, and thanks again for all the kind words!