“Great find in Venice...”
Review of Blu' Island Bistro

Blu' Island Bistro
Ranked #6 of 242 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A local hot spot where everyone knows your name! Chef/Owner Alan Laskowski, Culinary Institute of America Alumunus delivers a gourmet twist on everyday favorites. Chef Alan won the local Iron Chef, Best of Philadelphia, People's Choice Award and many more. From meat lovers to vegetarians, and the gluten free, we have something for everyone. Comfortable and chic, just a few blocks away from the beautiful gulf of mexico. Located conveniently on the Island of Venice, one block south of Venice Hospital, attached to the Island Sun Inn Hotel. Breakfast/Lunch 6 days with breakfast all day that give the word creative all new meaning. Restaurant, Private Parties, Catering, Private Party Room.
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Great find in Venice...”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Last weekend, my husband and I were in Venice for a shark tooth dive, and decided to stay the night before. Even though my husband has worked in Sarasota County for years, he really wasn't sure about a nice place for dinner. Well, with the help of Trip Advisor, we decided on Blu' Island Bistro, and I am so glad we did. Blu' Island Bistro is a charming, chef-owned and operated restaurant. My husband had the lamb, which was cooked to perfection (rare) and I had the shrimp gnocchi, which was so flavorful. Both dishes were beautifully presented, which to me is a definite sign of the care that went into the preparation of this food. The support staff were absolutely wonderful to us, making us feel as wanted as their regulars. We don't normally order dessert, but couldn't resist sharing a slice of the homemade chocolate cake that I am naming correctly, but it was to die for. The weekend dinner changed weekly, so we can't wait to go back!!

1 Thank Lisa H

Sarasota
“Nothing to write home about”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

It is my good friends favorite place to eat and she has dined numerous times. We met there for lunch. It was good. I had, believe it or not, a ground filet tenderloin burger with grilled onions. It was simple. It was juicy, no seasoning flavor or marinade flavor. The specials were more daring than the menu. They do call me the picky eater.......

Mulberry, Florida
“New weekend dinner menu is worth trying”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We have been to Blu Island for breakfast in the past, but now they are serving dinner on Fri/Sat, so we decided to try it out. They had an excellent steamed clam appetizer special. It was the star of the dinner. I had wild boar which was quite good to excellent. My wife had red snapper which was well cooked but the pineapple salsa was just slightly sweet for my taste. Desserts were pretty good. Overall the food at Blu is really good. The service was great, but the dining area still needs some work

Sarasota, Florida
“Small town charm....Island time feel”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Great place for breakfast or lunch. The fish tacos and other sandwiches are always perfect and you can't go wrong with what ever you order. The waitstaff is incredibly friendly and accommodating. The perfect place for friends to meet

1 Thank Scott S
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Onion rings and fish tacos”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Awesome food and great service. Highly recommend coming and trying everything.best fish tacos in town, they also have an amazing bison burger. Coming back ASAP!

1 Thank Robertbwork