“Fish tacos.... Ole!”

Blu' Island Bistro
Ranked #6 of 242 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A local hot spot where everyone knows your name! Chef/Owner Alan Laskowski, Culinary Institute of America Alumunus delivers a gourmet twist on everyday favorites. Chef Alan won the local Iron Chef, Best of Philadelphia, People's Choice Award and many more. From meat lovers to vegetarians, and the gluten free, we have something for everyone. Comfortable and chic, just a few blocks away from the beautiful gulf of mexico. Located conveniently on the Island of Venice, one block south of Venice Hospital, attached to the Island Sun Inn Hotel. Breakfast/Lunch 6 days with breakfast all day that give the word creative all new meaning. Restaurant, Private Parties, Catering, Private Party Room.
CA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fish tacos.... Ole!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

I always love dining at Blu Island Bistro! The food and service are top notch.

The fish tacos were awesome and the wine selections made my wife very happy.

North Port, Florida
“Turkey Reuben”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Visited today as a guest of friends celebrating fourth years of marriage. We all enjoyed our meals,Reuben with chips is outstanding,my wife had the fish tacos,others had burgers,onion rings comped by the chef. If in Venice this is a must restaurant to try. Breakfast,lunch or dinner. You will not be disappointed!

Sarasota
“Yup..this is the hidden gem you've been looking for.”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Located in the front of a "no tell motel" kind of place, it doesn't exactly scream "best place in town!", but I think it just might be! Upon entering, you see that it's quite small with hardwood floors-one room kind of opening to another behind it, as though it was a porch overlooking a swimming pool. We went at lunch time on a Friday at 1:30 and the parking lot and inside was full. Although service was slow (I think just one waitress had the entire room), she never once came across as frazzled.

I ordered the fish tacos, and my friend got the crabcake sandwich. OMG...THE best fish tacos ever!! I can't wait to get them again, although there were other things on the menu that sounded yummy I should try too. lol I let my friend have one of the tacos (you get three) and he agreed it was very tasty. Large pieces of fish, cooked to perfection, with avocado and other veggies and a delish sauce! My friend meant to offer me a bite of his crabcake, but ate it all ..and before ya know it, it was gone. Guess he liked it a lot! He said it was very good. We both opted for the fruit ilo fries for the side, and they too were very good. Ripe and tasty..not like some places where they are soggy and flavorless. Strawberries, blueberries, pineapple bits, cantaloupe and honeydew. We WILL go back, although probably wait for the snowbirds to go home so it's not so darn busy. This chef is DARN good! Kudos.

• Visited February 2013
Plant City, Florida
“Breakfast!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

While staying at the motel adjacent to the restaurant, a large group of us had breakfast two mornings in a row. The wait staff is very friendly, and accommodating. The food is very good. I had an omelet one morning, and quiche the next. Everyone in my group enjoyed their food. There were a few requests for changes to dishes, and our server didn't hesitate to do so. We had an 8 year old who didn't want Chorizo in his burrito, and we switched it to regular sausage. Overall, and very nice experience.

• Visited February 2013
“YUM!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Hidden Gem! Shhh! Great food, great service. I had the Grouper and it was outstanding. Friendly staff. Great intimate dinning experience. I can't wait to try the breakfast!

1 Thank Sailthebrz