“YUM!”

Blu' Island Bistro
Ranked #6 of 247 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A local hot spot where everyone knows your name! Chef/Owner Alan Laskowski, Culinary Institute of America Alumunus delivers a gourmet twist on everyday favorites. Chef Alan won the local Iron Chef, Best of Philadelphia, People's Choice Award and many more. From meat lovers to vegetarians, and the gluten free, we have something for everyone. Comfortable and chic, just a few blocks away from the beautiful gulf of mexico. Located conveniently on the Island of Venice, one block south of Venice Hospital, attached to the Island Sun Inn Hotel. Breakfast/Lunch 6 days with breakfast all day that give the word creative all new meaning. Restaurant, Private Parties, Catering, Private Party Room.
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Hidden Gem! Shhh! Great food, great service. I had the Grouper and it was outstanding. Friendly staff. Great intimate dinning experience. I can't wait to try the breakfast!

1  Thank Sailthebrz
Write a ReviewReviews (1,099)

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We had dinner here last night. Great food reasonably priced. I had the grouper and my wife had the rack of lamb. Wait staff was very helpful and friendly. This was not our first visit. We have taken visiting friends and they loved the food and warm atmosphere. The chef visited our table and chatted for a few minutes which contributes to the experience. Open for breakfast and lunch everyday but dinner only on Friday and Saturday. We plan to try lunch soon.

1  Thank Mike P
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Dinner at Blu is by far the best meal we've had in Venice. Artfully prepared with wonderful use of fresh herbs and spices, the chef utilizes the freshest of ingredients. I had the salmon stufffed with spinach and goat cheese w/ hollandaise - delicious. Seafood chowder was chock full of shrimp, oysters and grouper, seasoned with fresh thyme and an excellent consistency. Certainly ranks up there with any chowder from New England. My husband's choice of grouper was also outstanding, fresh and perfectly cooked.

Excellent service by our waitress Kate,a lovely, friendly hostess and the chef came out to talk,-nice touch. We will definitely return.

1  Thank pattynicol
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Been there several times. A VERY friendly restaurant, service is exceptional. The food is even better.
Open most days for only breakfast and lunch, Fri. and Sat. for dinner
Corn beef hash is home made, the omelets are great as are the rest of the breakfast items. My with says the fish taco's are the best. My favorite is the hamburgers.

Been there for dinner once, had the tenderloin and the lamb. Excellent

Pricing in in line with the area.

1  Thank 98999Mike
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We have been hearing good things about this place and with a coupon from a local paper, we stopped for a late breakfast. We were quickly greeted and seated. I had the "Meat Lovers" omelet. It was delicious and large. I didn't eat again that day. We highly recommend this place.

1  Thank beacherdennis