“Good value, good location, nice landscaping, and courtyard pool”
Review of Motel 6 Venice

Motel 6 Venice
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Venice
Michigan
“Good value, good location, nice landscaping, and courtyard pool”
Reviewed March 1, 2010

Stayed here for a week after checking out of a beachfront area motel that was a total dump (that cost $150 per night!). The desk staff is very friendly and helpful--offered to call when our room was ready when we checked in a bit early. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable--the motel seemed to be fairly recently updated. Everything worked well--hot water, drains, 19 inch TV, internet, etc. The beds were comfortable. This motel has nice landscaping (palm trees, flowering shrubs, etc.) and the court yard pool area is nicely landscaped as well with palms, flowering shrubs, etc . The pool is heated. About 40 rooms face the pool on the courtyard; the other rooms face the parking lots (which have landscaping). No problems with noise from the road or the pool area in the courtyard room. The hotel is in a good location, only about a half mile from downtown Venice, and you can walk or ride your bike from the hotel over the drawbridge to downtown--the beach is another half mile down Venice Ave. from the downtown. Many restaurants are within a couple of miles--can choose from any type of fast food or gourmet restaurant. Most of the guests seemed to be retired people staying longer than one night, so this was not a high energy, partying crowd. If you've stayed in a Motel Six, you know that you won't get a clock, luxurious towels, or any other frills. Stay for a week or longer and the rate is $45 per night. Some rooms have a fridge and microwave. The motel has wi-fi, but the cost is $3 per day (many area restaurants have free wi-fi). There is also a coin laundry for guests. This property offers the budget traveler a nice room, good location, and quality that is better than most other motels in the area. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed February 29, 2008

Okay for a short stay at cheap price. Many other places to stay but twice the price. No alarm clocks. Very rough bath towels. Mattresses not very thick. Rooms smelled musty. 19" TV. I only stayed one night. Very close to shopping. 10 minutes from beach. Pleasant staff.

• Liked — Close to beach
  • Disliked — Not updated
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank JKSKFultz
Vermont
Reviewed March 27, 2007

After reading some of the reviews, I was worried about booking this motel, but thankfully as we pulled into the parking lot, there was a big sign reading “Totally Remodeled”, and as far as we could tell it was. Our room had new bedding, new furniture, new rug and a clean, new bathroom. We liked this motel for the location to the beaches and the price. The pool was nice, the A/C worked and the staff was friendly, albeit slow to check us in. There are also restaurants, grocery and department stores close by. My only complaint was how loud the noise from the highway was in our room, so I recommend asking for a room in the back, by the pool. Nevertheless, we would stay here again, if we come back to Venice.

• Liked — The price and the location
  • Disliked — The noisy room
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Panama City Beach
Reviewed November 13, 2006

We came into Venice super late one night so had to settle for this Motel 6. It looked OK when we first got there but when we pulled back the covers we discovered there was mold on our pillows and pillow cases. Thank goodness we brought our own pillows. There were also two baby spiders in my bed and I found one in my kids bed. When we took off our shoes we discovered that the carpet was wet. There was also mold growing on the chair at the desk. They certainly have a humidity issue there.

Stayed November 2006
2 Thank SurfPCBeach

Travelers are raving about these Venice hotels

Reviewed January 21, 2006

OH MY GOD!!!! STAY away! This is the worst hotel i have ever seen. We had to stay there while our home was being worked on, and the staff is very rude and acted as if we were bothering them when we had a question. Every night there were room partys that were so loud that we could not sleep. The room above us keep jumpin off the beds onto the floor and causing dust to fall on our bed, when we told ths staff they just said they would see if they could hear them. lol what does that mean exactly? they never did anything about it. The AC would only work for 15 min then freeze up for hours. The phone would dial random numbers and we never got that fixed either. The room had the worst smell that would gag anyone, also smelled like smoke "non smoking room" that we could not mask over. The carpet hadn't been vacumed in years. The sheets smelled foul! and the shower was a joke. no water pressure, it basically dripped out. The bathroom smelled of urine. There were people making noise in the pool all hours of the night and day. You can also hear every little noise outside of your room. We would never stay here again in our whole life regardless of the reason.

• Stayed October 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 21, 2005

I spent one night at the Venice Motel 6 in December 2005, and it was a decent hotel for this price category. The room was basic, but for this price in this city, you can't expect a large luxurious room.

Though not large, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and everything worked, including the TV, air conditioner, and ice machine in the lobby.

The bathroom looked like it had been recently remodeled with a new shower stall (no tub). I didn't visit the pool, but the grounds looked to be well-kept and the office staff was friendly and helpful with directions.

The beach is only a short drive from the hotel, and there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. But don't rely on the website directions that only give you the exit number: it's not on the interstate and you'll need to look up the real directions on the web or call the hotel.

• Stayed December 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 14, 2005

This is a very nice hotel for the budget minded. No frills, very large, super nice pool...no little kids screaming or running around (my son & I had the whole pool area all to ourselves)...this area is mostly retired folks. The front desk staff was very friendly when we checked in. I have a convertable, which would be easy for a thief to get into & it was loaded with our stuff...when I asked about trouble with break ins...the lady at the front desk assured me that it should be fine & it was. My 10 year old son & I stayed here March 31, 2004 & will stay again this March 31st, we felt very safe & secure...very quiet place. Since we were traveling alone, without my husband, I was concerned...but we were fine. We drive down from Michigan every year to Englewood, which is just south of Venice, where we stay for 2 weeks on Manasota Key. But we aren't able to check in until April 1st...so I found this place last year & it was great. I would recomend it to any one, it was clean & quiet, with a great pool...just what I needed after driving for 20 hours!

• Stayed March 2004