“The best pizza we've had since we moved here from Chicago.”

Valenti's Allegro Bistro
Ranked #134 of 243 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Venice, Florida
“The best pizza we've had since we moved here from Chicago.”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This restaurant is a classic Italian style place. Nice people working inside here. But i really want to ive a thumbs up to the pizza. It was without a doubt, the best tasting pizza we have had since moving here a year and a half ago. We finally were to have a pizza that had Italian sausage on it, that tastes the way Italian sausage is suppose to taste. Every other place that we order pizza from, uses an obviously very cheap Italian sausage. Everything about the pizza, from the crust, to the tomato sauce, to the cheese, and green peppers were outstanding. This pizza could rival the pizza we get in Chicago, and thats saying alot. Will definitely go back there again.

• Visited July 2013

Englewood, Florida, United States
“If you want customer service, go somewhere else!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had a Birthday party of 6. Drinks came out fast but it took the owner over an hour to take our dinner order. We didn't even get bread until we ordered dinner! Everyone got their dinner except the birthday girl. The food was almost gone & still no dinner for the B'day girl. We wanted it taken off the bill, mama Vilenti was NOT happy about that. You could hear her yelling all the way into the kitchen! Then I had a problem with the bill. That really got her fired up. She just wanted to call the cops. We told her go ahead. Then the husband came out & he also wanted to call the cops. Never once did anyone even say they were sorry about not getting the dinner out. Nothing! What a bunch of idiots, I would not go back if it were the last restaurant on the planet!

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank 1simba123
“Beautiful Place!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This restaurant has a fabulous ambience, and GREAT food. It is so nice to have a lovely place to go here in Venice, and each time I have tried something new on the menu, and have enjoyed every meal! YEA!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank sparky093
“Nice Happy Hour!!!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Seems like there were specials for beer, wine & "hard" liquor. I believe that "well" liquor in a drink got you two for one unless you ordered your drink up like I did. The prices weren't bad to start with. I made the mistake of ordering a Vodka Gimlet which contained a lot of Vodka. Actually the mistake was having that second drink & that's when it seemed like a lot of vodka which it was. I think we ordered an appetizer, but I'm not sure after the two drinks. I do remember a great pizza & look forward to trying other items on the menu. It was nice sitting at the bar especially with Jeff making the drinks.

• Visited June 2013
Irvine, United Kingdom
“Lively place at the weekend!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Allegro Bistro and Valenti's are owned by the same people, but for me, the Allegro Bistro is a much nicer place to visit. It is tastefully decorated and the menu has something for everyone. I enjoy the food. The portions are generous and I can recommend the Chef's salad ($11.99) or the pizza. I don't eat pasta, but it does look good! My friends recommend the meatballs. I have noticed other reviewers commenting that the food and drink are expensive - I disagree. Two of us had dinner (soup and Chef's salad which is packed with ham, turkey, provolone and salami), plus 2 rounds of drinks for just under $60 (including tax).

At the weekend they have entertainment in the lounge - two singers who do a pretty good job - there is also a dance floor. You can eat in the lounge, but if you want to have a decent conversation over dinner, I would recommend taking a table in one of the dining rooms where you are close enough to hear the music, but it is not too loud. You can move into the lounge after dinner if you choose.

• Visited June 2013