“Define 'Senior' ...”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Ranked #174 of 247 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: American
Description: Denny's chain restaurant in Venice, Florida.
Description: Denny's chain restaurant in Venice, Florida.
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Denny's has been a reliable restaurant for us for yrs too. Venice Denny's can be very good or not so much [i.e., cold dry stale biscuits, slow on coffee refills, also must ask for h2o]. The senior menu portions seem lgr @ this restaurant than any others we have been to over the yrs. **Mgrs never visible however, 2 wks ago there was a guy on the floor & a woman w/ a clipboard ~ must have been fm corporate ..as they stopped to talk !!?

Reviewed April 18, 2013

So the waitress must have had a hard life, but so did the pig that provided the bacon and the potatoes that supplied the hash-browns..The eggs? Still wondering what came first, so I did not ask about the chicken...
A friend dragged me there for breakfast. How can you screw up a breakfast? Denny's did not, the manager was even very nice and helpful but I had nothing to complain about. When I end up at Denny's I don't expect The Waldorf, so I order what's on the menu and 99% of the time it is the same thing I had 2-5-10-20-30 years ago, tasted the same, was good enough to keep me going for the next 4 hours. One complaint? Yes, I have been trying to get Earl Grey Tea there for years but I get the same blank look every time I ask, so I just drink the Basic Don Meredith special they have and move on. If I though about it, I'd bring my own and I am sure they would even give me hot water on the house. Had a great visit with my friend and that's what counts. As I said, Denny's never screwed up a grand Slam. So I'll go again. Why not?

1  Thank Peter M
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Got the Great Harvest Oatmeal--excellent quality and a huge serving. Wait staff was friendly and fast. Perhaps my new breakfast place.

1  Thank ChetRoi
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The Denny's Restaurant in Venice is delightful. My companion and I ordered the special where for either $8.99 or $9.99 you get a soup or salad (several choices), a lovely "skillet" entree and then a nice dessert to boot. The food is delicious and certainly the price is right. You won't regret it. Service also quite good.

2  Thank mamamia70
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We were greeted by Nick as we entered and he was very friendly. We ordered salads and they were excellent. The greens were fresh and the Chicken was very tasty. My iced tea was refilled without having to ask. We will definitely be back!