“Great food, Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Big Daddy's Burger Den - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Nokomis, Florida
“Great food, Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

We've been to this place four times now, and we always leave very satisfied! Whether it's the Owner (John) or Manager (Drew), the service is great. Both take the time to make sure the customers are taken care of. Hope this place is around for many years.

Englewood, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,841 helpful votes
“WHAT A DIFFERENCE 1 YEAR CAN MAKE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

When I first reviewed this restaurant I was blown away by the food, the service, the whole package, Then little by little the 2 brother owners seemed to have disappeared and the place just fell apart. After one of my last visits, I even contacted one of the brother owners by e-mail to let him know how concerned I was with the down slide of this restaurant. The bathrooms were filthy and no toilet paper to be found. The floors throughout were awfully dirty, the food was better than OK, but they did not have a lot of the stuff advertised. Then a friend called and said the place had been shut down by the Health Department for a couple of days. We tried them again a couple of times after they reopened and I'm happy to say that the owners finally seem to realize they have to be there to keep the place up to par. A woman came in to order a dessert, and the employees had to run to Publix to buy the ice cream. What a downfall for this once wonderful burger place. I'm really sorry to report this because I so loved it.

2 Thank mamamia70
Denmgr, Owner at Big Daddy's Burger Den, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Mama Mia, in response to your negative review I would just like to say how disappointed i am in your public condemnation of our restaurant . The first time you came in to Big Daddy's we went out of our way to give you a burger that no other restaurant in town would serve; raw. We continued to serve you the same raw burger every time you came in. Many times we had to make the burger again because it was cooked too much. With that, we are always willing to listen to constructive criticism. Being an owner, I am responsible for more than just being available for one customer, on one night of the week. Mama Mia expecting me and my brother to be on site 7 days, 24 hours a day is unreasonable. In order to maintain a constant volume of patrons, we have to get out and attend events that will put us in the public eye. I personally volunteer my time at Venice High School on Friday nights when you come in to our restaurant. My brother, is a Lt. Colonel in the Army, who spends most of his time serving our country and has been called away recently to take care of very important business. Our hope is that the people we put in charge can do the job that we would do ourselves, but it is not always perfect. For someone who has eaten in our restaurant over 50 times, I would expect that on occasion the bathrooms might be messy, the service might not be perfect, and the food might not be the same every time when you come in. With that, we would hope that you and all our guests understand the high value we place on loyal patrons. We have always, and always will strive to super exceed the expectations of family, friends, and members of our community who continuously support us through thick and thin... As a new restaurant we have encountered more than our share of ups and downs. None of which were any different than our competitors face. Our success is what has put us in a position to be spotlighted for any mistakes that we have made. However, be assured that all mistakes have been addressed and corrected. As such a frequent guest, I would hope that you would ask us personally about rumors that you had heard in the same depth as you spoke to my General Manager about healthcare and vaccines for about an hour 3 days ago. The owners, the management, and the staff here at Big Daddy's have always and will continue to regard you as a personal friend and patron. You are more than entitled to post a review on our establishment, good or bad. I suppose I can only express here a sincere level of disappointment. In the end, we can honestly say that we could not have striven any harder to make every experience you had with us a pleasurable one. We hope that you will continue to support us, as we continue to work harder and harder for each and every guest that comes through our doors.
Sarasota, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent family restaurant, great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is definitely an up & coming restaurant! My family & I have dined at Big Daddy's on several occasions (many with our toddler). We've always had a very pleasant experience. The food is !!AMAZEBALLS!! (KUDOS to their chef!) and they even have a great selection for our toddler to choose from :)
On the weekends there is usually an amazing live band playing (always a treat for moms & dads who want a couple hours together to enjoy some live music & a couple cocktails).
Their staff & even the mgr. himself is always attentive & courteous.
It seems every time we visit, they're always in the process of bettering the venue/atmosphere in one way or another to better meet the needs of their clientele.
Would highly recommend Big Daddy's Burger Den! It is a great location, with great food & fantastic atmosphere!
----------- On a side note, I couldn't help but notice the rather nasty review left below by another patron, and I must say that I am very surprised by the description of their food, as we have never had such an experience... Big Daddy's is known for their burgers (and wings btw), and we have never received an entree that was anything but delicious!

Venice, Florida
“Absolutely the Best Burger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Once again my partner and I dined at Big Daddy's Burger Den and I swear the burger was better than the times before. My visit was on Friday night and the burger was fantastic. The bun was fresh and the onions and mushrooms were fried to perfection. Wonderful meal. Thanks Big Daddy.

• Visited December 2012
Denmgr, General Manager at Big Daddy's Burger Den, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! At big daddy's we are constantly striving to improve the quality and freshness of our ingredients. Their is no better fruit to our labor than reading a great review from a valued guest. We hope to see you soon!
Venice, Florida, United States
“Total bad experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

The service was very slow. We waited almost 15 minutes to order. There were only 3 other tables with custiomers in the whole place. When our food came 40 minutes later, my burger was cold with cold cheese on it, and cold fries. I sent it back and the waitress returned within seconds with a microwave warm up. Then my husband bit into his burger. It was bloody rare and had ordered it well. We decided to leave and went somewhere else. When we came out of the other restaurant, the police were there. The owner of Big Daddy's called the police saying my husband was falling down drunk and had left driving with 2 kids in the car. While at big daddy's we drank water. So, if you want lousy food, bad service, and the cops following you, that's your place!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Michel B
To begin with, I am sorry you had a bad experience. However, I must clarify that although your husbands irate behavior was completely inappropriate, ( who gets so angry over food?) No one at the restaurant called the police. The mentally handicapped gentleman who your husband engaged on the sidewalk was the one who called authorities, and filed a report. When the police asked if I wanted to press charges I declined. If you're going to leave a bad review, you're more than entitled to, but tell the full story.