“Absolutely the Best Burger”
Review of Big Daddy's Burger Den - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Once again my partner and I dined at Big Daddy's Burger Den and I swear the burger was better than the times before. My visit was on Friday night and the burger was fantastic. The bun was fresh and the onions and mushrooms were fried to perfection. Wonderful meal. Thanks Big Daddy.

Denmgr, General Manager at Big Daddy's Burger Den, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you so much for your review! At big daddy's we are constantly striving to improve the quality and freshness of our ingredients. Their is no better fruit to our labor than reading a great review from a valued guest. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

The service was very slow. We waited almost 15 minutes to order. There were only 3 other tables with custiomers in the whole place. When our food came 40 minutes later, my burger was cold with cold cheese on it, and cold fries. I sent it back and the waitress returned within seconds with a microwave warm up. Then my husband bit into his burger. It was bloody rare and had ordered it well. We decided to leave and went somewhere else. When we came out of the other restaurant, the police were there. The owner of Big Daddy's called the police saying my husband was falling down drunk and had left driving with 2 kids in the car. While at big daddy's we drank water. So, if you want lousy food, bad service, and the cops following you, that's your place!

2  Thank Michel B

To begin with, I am sorry you had a bad experience. However, I must clarify that although your husbands irate behavior was completely inappropriate, ( who gets so angry over food?) No one at the restaurant called the police. The mentally handicapped gentleman who your husband engaged on the sidewalk was the one who called authorities, and filed a report. When the police asked if I wanted to press charges I declined. If you're going to leave a bad review, you're more than entitled to, but tell the full story.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Big Daddy's is in a non descript Publix shopping plaza, across fro the Venice Hospital. Do not let that put you off! Every Wednesday from 5:30 to 8:30 PM some of the best jazz in the area is here! In addition to the featured group, jazz musicians form around SW Florida stop in to jam with the group.

Great hamburgers are available as well as many good draft beers at $2.00 a mug. Everyone, including staff are super friendly.

You cannot go wrong at this great local venue where you will meet many great musicians, and lovers of good jazz!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We came for a burger and were very pleased. We had the sliders and the regular burger, and both were very tasty, as were the fries. Someone in our party had a hot dog and that was excellent as well. We didn't try anything else, so can't comment on the rest of the menu, but if you want a burger and fries, it's a great place. Not much in the way of atmosphere or decor, but they had a few tv sets with the games on, so it had a bit of a sports bar feel. We'll come back next time we're in town!

Reviewed November 22, 2012

went downhill. many items on menu not available. service spotty. really good or really bad. Last time we went no one came over to the table. Homecoming night. We left and no one noticed.