“a big disappointment”

Add it.
Crossroads American Grille
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Serving "Old School Classics" mixed with "Contemporary Favorites" CrossRoads offers a variety of cuisine to suit any palette. Steaks and Prime Rib, Fresh Seafood, Brick Oven Pizza and authentic Greek, German and Mexican fare...to name a few. The atmosphere is casual and unpretentious. CrossRoads' Bar and Lounge area offers a full bar and a great place to watch your favorite game on 5 HDTVs.
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Friends had insisted we try this restaurant because of their Maine lobsters (we summer in Maine and are devotees of lobster). We tried to order some lobsters but waitress said they didn't have any and often do not. However, there is a banner over the door advertising Maine Lobsters so we asked her to check in the kitchen. She came back and said they didn't have any. We ordered some other offerings from the menu which were just OK. My husband's fish and chips were not very good but the others liked theirs. When we were finishing our dinners, 4 lobsters come out of the kitchen and are served to the table next to ours. We asked them if they had special ordered them and they had not. We were there before them and had tried to order them before they ever arrived. Waitress never surfaced again. We asked the hostess to please look into this but she ignored us. A gentleman in our party pressed her and she finally admitted that they had lobsters and our server had 'screwed up'. I realize these things can happen but there was no apology nor any attempt to make things right - such as a drink or a dessert to appease us. We all had our mouths watering for lobsters so left very disappointed and annoyed at the lack of interest in this screw up. Doubt I will ever try it again.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Returned to Venice for a little winter warmth. Our friends took us to the Crossroads Restaurant. Nice meal, nothing special but good and plenty of it. Service is fine, staff is a bit rushed but keeps up with it.
They have Special Nights on various days of the week, German, Greek etc. and feature Prime Rib almost daily. They also have cold water lobsters, not southern crayfish, and cook these to order (baked, stuffed, boiled etc.).
A bonus is the older woman at the front desk, controlling the cash register, acting as hostess and running the restaurant. The staff said she is an owner and really "in charge", knows many of the customers and keeps everyone entertained.
Not fine dining, but a good meal at a reasonable price.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was the 3rd time we have eaten at this resturant in the last year. They get a good crowd durning season, but we have given up. This was the second time the food was so saltly that my husband couldn't eat it. Trust me, this man likes salt! But they were very nice about the problem and took the dinner off the bill. Not the staff's fault that someone in the kitchen has a heavy hand with the salt shaker. Last time it was the onion soup.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was a 1st time visitor for lunch on a Thur afternoon around 1:00. and I was the only guest for the 1st half hour I was there. The interior looked dark and dated, but the ads I see always look tasty so I stayed. I ordered a chicken schnitzel sandwich. It was a large sandwich served with fries, but came almost burnt one one side and had a odd taste..like the cooking oil was old. The waitress was new, but very friendly and didn't mind asking the kitchen questions. I don't know if I would go for dinner unit I tried again, $12 for a chicken sandwich and tea. Hope they can improve.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

we had a weekly gathering of "the hood" during the summer every Friday afternoon....Dinka is as sweet as she can be...the food and prices WERE awesome.....sadly, all has changed...the chunks of lobster in the bisque are gone (flavor is there, not the meat)...the gyro is now a salad, searching for the lamb (where is Mary when you need her?)...used to be a meal for two, now barely a meal for one....Fish & Chips?....same story....portions down, quality gone...the cole slaw was the bottom of the barrel, half full and watery...and to boot, the prices have skyrocketed.....maybe you want to make money from the snowbirds, hope you do, you'll need it over the summer when the locals won't come back to support you during the slow months.....they don't even come in now anymore......

1  Thank peggyNokomis