“Perfect Mom & Pop Venice Deli”
Review of Kt Vietnamese Cafe - CLOSED

Kt Vietnamese Cafe
Cuisines: American, Vietnamese
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I can honestly say that I've always enjoyed the sandwiches at KT's. When previously frequenting the deli I would often order Cubans (amazing), Gyros and even the simple Turkey sandwiches and was always pleased. Now that KT's is offering traditional Vietnamese sandwiches and small entrees their deli has been brought to a whole new level - to the point where I crave the Banh Mi sandwich! There is something to be said about a mom & pop owned and operated restaurant - they have been there for as long as I can remember - at least 15 years if not more - for a reason, the food is amazing!

1  Thank Mammaofone

Reviewed January 28, 2012

The Banh Mi is excellent and the deli style sandwiches are great too!

1  Thank Dallas C
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I am lucky to go by here everyday. I stop almost daily on my way home from work. Everything they have is excellent. The food is great and the staff is as well.

2  Thank Mike C
Reviewed January 19, 2012

My wife and I tried KT today....we expected to get some quick deli sandwiches and be on our way...to our delight we found a very interesting Vietnamese menu in addition to American classics....we both got Bahn Mi sandwiches...one pork and one chicken...loved the roasted and grilled meats and the pickled veggies were great...make sure to try the egg rolls and dipping sauce...everything homemade....handmade....going back before we leave for VT.

4  Thank Chad C
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Our group of six visited K.T. Deli for lunch. They make sandwiches, fries and burgers and have some Vietnamese offerings.
Overall, we felt that the food did not come up to the expectations we had from reading the reviews. The salad greens and single herb were fresh but the meats used were disappointing. The Chicken BUN used a processed chicken and did not have much flavor. The pour over sauce was heavily flavored with fish sauce without much sweetness to balance it out. The sandwiches also used meats that were not flavorful. The fresh spring rolls were loaded with rice vermicelli, one thinly sliced shrimp and not much else.
In their favor, the premises were clean and the staff friendly.

3  Thank Inez777
Anhtoan N, Manager at Kt Vietnamese Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

I know this response is late but, it is better than none.

I am sorry to hear that we were unable to meet your expectations of TripAdvisor's community reviews and it is nice to hear that you found our Vietnamese Cafe to be clean and the staff friendly. I wanted to address your complaints of the chicken we use in our BUN, meats in our sandwiches, and amount of shrimp in the fresh spring rolls.
The BUN that you got with chicken is not a processed chicken it is a grilled chicken. You can come in yoruself, anytime to check.
The meats that we use for our deli sandwiches are Boar's Head and Hormel brand. As for our Banh Mi sandwiches we grill chicken and pork, we also use steamed, pan-roasted or oven-roasted seasoned pork.
Each spring roll contains two peices of shrimp which is than cut in half and all placed in one spring roll. The amount of shrimp placed in the spring roll reflects an below average mark up for a restaurant especially, for the price that we charge. If you would like more shrimp next time please let us know but, we would have to charge extra for that!

We would like to invite you back for a free meal on the house to see if we can change your mind with our recently expanded menu. We have even added granite counter tops and table to our Vietnamese Cafe which, would hopefully look even nicer to you.