“real caribbean food in florida!!”
Review of Suncoast Cafe

Suncoast Cafe
Ranked #4 of 252 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Suncoast Cafe in Venice, FL offers a place where you can dine comfortably and enjoy an amazing view. Breakfast is served ALL DAY on Sunday, and until 11am every other day. Join us for a dining experience like no other!
Reviewed May 28, 2014

been there on many occasions,had breakfast,lunch,dinner.the works.Chef tony and his employees are very polite felt at home there will do it again next time i go back to florida...a home away from home that's how i felt.

2  Thank billyelizee
Julie H, Owner at Suncoast Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

All of our customers are like family to us, Billy! We're glad we can be your home away from home. Can't wait to see you again on your next trip to Florida.

Until then,

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Last time I visited, the place was PACKED on a Sunday morning. I always prefer to patronize local restaurants and it is so nice to see this place doing well. Last Sunday we were able to walk right in after church and snag a table right by the window- staff was warm and friendly, and the food was top notch. I ordered a farmers omelet with tomatoes, spinach, bacon and cheese and it was HUGE... took half of it home. Had the option to substitute fruit for home fries or grits, and it was fresh and perfectly ripe. My dining companion had an egg white omelet with feta cheese and home fries and he was equally pleased with his choice- he, however was able to polish off the whole plate! ;)

1  Thank dawnskers
Julie H, Owner at Suncoast Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Nothing beats a relaxing breakfast on Sunday morning, Dawn! We're so glad you both enjoyed your omelets with us last time. Next time you're in need of a hearty portion of breakfast, we've got you covered.

Hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Usually the views from the Suncoast Cafe are enough to keep your attention--it is after all right on the tarmac of the Venice Airport, and the corporate jets load and refuel just out front. Millions of dollars of aircraft surround the building and as I say--there's lots to see,

But on Sunday we got there with the 9:30 church crowd, and so the only seats for my wife and me were at the counter--which divides the kitchen from the dining room. Our view was a ballet of waitresses and cooks making the breakfasts and handling the "special" orders. Between us, my wife and I have probably worked in a dozen restaurants, although most of that was while we were in college until recently when we started volunteering as cooks at a Coast Guard station and also our local church.

But compared with the professional routines we watched that morning, we still have tons to learn. I can honestly say we were impressed, and happy with our food. If you have a grandkid to impress, this is a great spot--show him or her the jet planes--but check out the routine in the kitchen, the food is good and it's worth your attention to see how it's made.

Julie H, Owner at Suncoast Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

It may not be a tarmac view, but it sure is fun to watch the kitchen, isn't it? We're glad you got a different perspective on our restaurant last time. Next time you want more than just some tasty food, come watch the planes and enjoy some breakfast with us!

Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed May 12, 2014

A regular customer recommended it to me a few days ago. He actually recommended a few places in Venice, so far ALL GOOD PLACES. Small place, but nice view of the runway. This time I couldn’t sit on the tables facing the runway because I was a hurry so didn’t want to wait; so we sat on the Bar/Counter and we were able to see the whole (cooking and preparing the food) operation since it is OPEN. It is nice to see firsthand how much work goes into your plate. Nice to see too they don’t “re-heat old food”. It did not take long considering the place was full and they do all the cooking and preparation at the moment you order. Chef/Owner took the time to interact with us too which is nice and he was attentive all the time to the customers’ reaction to his food, which tell me....it is important to him to make you happy. Missed the Cuban Sandwich this time; but I would try it next time. We only had breakfast. Prices and Portions are fair. Hope they read the reviews and improve whatever has to be improved (according to some comments here, even though it was not my experience). I guess there is always room for improvement. And keep the good work on the other things they do well.

1  Thank 419milan
Reviewed May 10, 2014

At the Venice Airport, the best kept secret is rapidly spreading by word of mouth. Everything on the breakfast and lunch menu is good and reasonably priced, but the chef claims to make the Worlds best Cuban sandwich and he is right. Just ask the pilots that fly in from Miami to bring them back.

1  Thank Richard M