“A great place for pilots”
Review of Suncoast Cafe

Suncoast Cafe
Ranked #2 of 244 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Suncoast Cafe in Venice, FL offers a place where you can dine comfortably and enjoy an amazing view. Breakfast is served ALL DAY on Sunday, and until 11am every other day. Join us for a dining experience like no other!
Fort Myers
“A great place for pilots”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

While you don't have to be a pilot to eat here, it's a great place to fly for breakfast on a Saturday morning. Despite the crowd that seems to arrive all at the same time, the kitchen and pleasant wait staff gets the food out fast, hot and delicious. Coffee cups were refilled often without having to ask, and always accompanied with a smile. I recommend a trip to the Suncoast Cafe at the Venice, FL Airport whether by land or by air.

• Visited March 2013

“Mixed on food, but price is right”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

My family literally picked this restaurant by saying "we'll eat at the next place we pass." I've been to plenty of diners and the setting was typical. Of the six meals we ordered three were good and three were just OK. I was pretty disappointed in my Reuben, which lacked zest. Our waitress seemed harried and twice forgot to bring a dessert, despite the place being less than half full. Many have raved over the breakfast and that may be worth a second try.

LeeHowie, Owner at Suncoast Cafe, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you for your candid post.
As service is one of the most important components to any business I would like to see if you would help me make ours better by sharing privately who was your server (or maybe a breif description) and on what day you visited.
Thank you again for your time and I hope you visit again soon.
Deb and Tony DuBoulay
Owners
Surry, Maine
“By Air, Car, Bike or Walk”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

One of the great unknown little eateries. Right at the Venice Municipal Airport in the Suncoast Air Center. Good menu variety, excellent food, cheery and fast service - all at reasonable prices. "Fog 49" is so right on: "...food is so much more than expected."

Florida
“Best things come in small packages”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is a small simple place that just excels in friendliness and good food. Every person who walks in is greeted by the staff. The food is so much more than expected.

We had Cuban sandwiches, a popular item here in Florida. Most places make the sandwich using high quality processed meats. Not at the Suncoast Café! Our sandwiches had REAL ham and a slow cooked, perfectly spiced pork. It was delicious!

As we ate, we looked at some of the other dishes being served and noted that they were all very appetizing looking. Based on the reactions from other diners, the food was as good tasting as it looked.

Don't pass up the home made potato chips offered as a side dish. They are worth the trip all by themselves.

It was also nice to see the Tripadvisor award of excellence framed and displayed on the wall.

Clermont, Florida
“Average”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I stopped for breakfast one day- close to election time- and the wait staff were badmouthing the politicians. Have your own opinion- you're entitled- just keep it to yourself in a public establishment. Unprofessional. On to the food. By the time the waitress was done talking to the customers at the next table over (who were rolling their eyes at her though she paid no attention to their body language), and finally made her way to take my order, I was really hungry! I had a crab cake Benedict kind of thing with the hollandaise on the side, and it was great! Decent prices, kind of cool view, fairly quick to receive my food once she finally took my order. I might go back if I were sure that lady wasn't going to be there, but I don't think I could bear to spend another 30 minutes of my life around her...