“Under rated”

Venice, Florida
“Under rated”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Good food and service
Must put on list for a visit
you will not be disappinted
very under rated and though somewhat on the outer fringes of the town one of my more enjoyable places

Visited December 2012
1 Thank BayRidgeCharlie

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Un professional-poor customer service”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

About a month ago my husband and I had our rehearsal dinner at Pineapple's. It is the worst decision we made for our wedding. We met with a manager a few months prior to the rehearsal to reserve a blocked off area for that evening. The owner Tom Carney also followed up with me a few days later to confirm what I wanted as well as a menu for our party of 55 people. Exactly one week before the event their hostess Crystal called me to confirm everything. I spent a good half hour over the phone with her discussing everything. Being a server myself, I tend to think about things others may not. But crystal told me "don't worry, we will take care of you." On the day of the rehearsal, about 2 hours before our reservation, I called the restaurant to let them know I had printed menu's up for our party. At this time, the manager proceeded to tell me, he had no reservation in his books for my party. So they lost our reservation. For 55 people. How does this happen? How can a business be so un organized as to lose a reservation for 55 people. So the manager is on the phone trying to find out the details once again. I told him we reserved the entire outside area to the side where they have umbrella tables. "So you want me to close off an entire section?' Was the response I got. The section we reserved was to be set up normally as if they were sitting random people.we didn't request tables any certain way, just wanted the area blocked off. So When we arrived at the restaurant they had two long tables put together in the corner, which made it hard to sit 55 people not to mention hard for couples and family to sit together because not everyone showed up at one time. Then they had about 5 round tables near the long tables that were also in the area we reserved. (These were how the tables were supposed to be). Any time any of my family members sat at the round tables, the servers very rudely came up to them and made them move and told them those were not part of our "AREA" (keep in mind, we were having to tip 18% automatically) myself and my mother continuously spoke to the owner who did nothing and eventually after complaining about 4-5 times about these servers being nasty and the tables being part of the reservation, they gave up. By the end of the night, when the dancing was getting started and the band the hostesses and managers sat three tables and the area (the restaurant was pretty bare until we were about done with our meal) there is no reason why we shouldn't have been able to get 100% satisfaction. There was also only one server on our party. So service was slow and food was cold. Anytime some one made a remark to the server she just chimed in that she got called in at the last minute. (Maybe that wouldn't have happened if the restaurant was un organized). Also, all the food was on one check and alcohol was paid individually. So to top it off since there was only one server, when guests were finally leaving the server basically chased down any one for the party to pay some one's bill that left because she took too long. up to the week after my parents discovered that their card was charged things they did not have and it was charged without their knowledge. When they called to complain to the owner he replied with " I need to look into it" and did nothing about it. I would not recommend this restaurant. We were supposed to have a nice relaxing time but instead got stressed out the night before my wedding.

1 Thank MFredericks
ENGLEWOOD
“Great Lunch Spot”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Food is excellent, outside dining is lovely. Just a great spot for a warm afternoon. Inside the A/C can be a little harsh.

Visited April 2012
Venice, Florida
“Don't Spend Your Time & Money”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

The Rum Runners were good but it was downhill from their. The service was fair at best but the food was terrible. As an example my wife ordered barbecue ribs and chicken. The chicken was grilled and dipped into a barbecue. This was our first visit and it will be our last. Avoid The Pineapple Island Grill at all costs.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Eric P
Lakeland, Florida
“Fun place”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We have been here twice. First time, dinner sat inside. Nice atmosphere good service and food. Well above average.

The second time we drove by at night and heard awesome music being performed. My husband turned car around and we sat outside. We just had wine because we had already eaten. The Crashers Band was on stage and I was instantly in love. Such variety but mainly they got me with the Motown. So much fun- I will definitely look for them to be here again. The atmosphere outside is very fun and relaxing- everything you could want, tikis, heaters, tvs great service and live music- perfect.

Visited August 2012