“Need Better Trained Servers: Felt Rushed!”

Leone's Ristorante & Pizzeria
Ranked #116 of 244 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Venice, Florida, United States
“Need Better Trained Servers: Felt Rushed!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Went to dinner Saturday, August 24, 2013 with my boyfriend and was expecting a friend to join us a little later. We ordered a bowl of pasta fagioli soup which was tasteless, too many beans, not enough pasta, and not hot at ALL, very disappointing. We than ordered a margarita pizza which was good, along with a nice bottle of chardonnay. Our friend who was visiting her sick parents from out of town joined us about 20- 25 mins later for a glass of wine, but needless to say,"We felt rushed", considering it was saturday night, approx 8-8:30, restaurant dead, approx 3-4 tbles, humm, waitress gave us our tab without us evening asking for it, was not told specials, or offered dessert, but presented the check, which i told server we would be having 3 after dinner drinks, not to mention she thought we meant dessert...omg. Nice server, but somewhat clueless. Restaurants should be happy during this off season time to even have guests come through the door. This advice is valid from an ex- F&B Director. Not sure if we will be back..maybe we will try Mama Leone's next time. I'm from Boca Raton, Fl, and my standard for service and food/ drink is quite high.

• Visited August 2013

Venice, Florida
“Did not have to travel far to be impressed with this Italian Food”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My mother invited my husband and myself to a small restaurant in the midst of a plaza on Jacaranda as she had a buy one get one coupon to use. I hesitated at first because the rain was pouring like bucket spills, but I am so glad we were able to get there. Although it is located within a plaza and it's fairly small inside, don't be fooled! My husband and I each ordered a meal. He had the Chicken Francaise and I ordered the Baked Cheese ravioli. I had the Pasta Fagioli soup as well which was very tasty! Well-let's just say that my poor husband maybe was able to squeeze in one bite of the Chicken Francaise as I couldn't grab the food off his plate fast enough! The cheese ravioli was very good, but the Chicken Francaise was the BEST Italian dish I have had in a very long time. I thought in order to find good Italian, I would have to just wait until I made it home every year to Boston, but as far as I am concerned, this little gem of an Italian restaurant is the REAL DEAL. The presentation was lovely, the service was good and friendly, the meal was out fast, and the soup and the main courses were fabulous! A+
We will be visiting this restaurant frequently...with and without the kids (or parents)

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank LoveMyWine412
new london ct
“A good fine .”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

a nice little restaurant hidden in a plaza . very good food at a fair price with good service and a nice atmosphere . have only been there twice but both times the food was consistent and with out error .

• Visited July 2013
“Great lunch value”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Always a nice place for lunch, especially watch the paper/weekly advertiser for buy one/get one lunch specials. We ordered a fried ravioli appetizer (four raviolis, cheese was a little bland, but was served with a side of marinara sauce that was a nice compliment to the raviolis). We ordered baked ravioli that was served with bread and olive oil on the side for dipping. A perfect sized lunch portion. Also ordered a Chicken Gorgonzola panini and it was very good served with choice of fries or side of pasta salad. With the coupon, you have to order two drinks (soda, bar).
We always enjoy a nice lunch here, have only been for dinner once and it was on the pricey side, so stick with lunch and have never been disappointed with their pizza.

• Visited May 2013
Venice, Florida
“Tell Me It Ain't So!!!!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We are new to Venice, Florida & last week we tried this restaurant. We thought enough of Leone's to "Like" them on FaceBook & today I received an offer from them on FaceBook. The offer indicated there was a Happy Hour between 4 & 7 & a buy one entrée & get the second at half the listed price. We had drinks before dinner & our entrees consisted of Penne alla Puttanesca & Eggplant Parm with pasta. The meal also included bread & salads. We were very happy with everything until we received the check. We did not receive the Happy Hour prices nor did we receive one entrée at half price. After bringing this to the attention of the waitress we received the half priced entrée. She was very accommodating & provided good service. However we did not receive the Happy Hour prices. Clearly this was not the fault of the waitress. I proceeded to talk to what appeared to be either the owner or manager. I explained that I had received an offer from the restaurant on FaceBook, but it was not being honored. He told me that I should have printed the offer out & that showing it to him on my cellphone was not good enough. Give me a break, you mean you email me an offer & then won't honor because I'm showing it to you on my cellphone. We thought this was going to be the place to bring friends & family, but why bother when there are so many other Italian restaurants in the area. I'm sure the other residents in our community won't be happy to hear that Leone's does not honor there specials.

• Visited May 2013