“Pro's and Con's”

Leone's Ristorante & Pizzeria
Ranked #111 of 243 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
FL
“Pro's and Con's”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We were their election week, Pro's- fast, friendly service by Janice ; good salad; rigatoni vodka was very good; my wife liked the sauce on the spaghetti ; we liked the bread; we will return. Con's - the food was warm, not hot; my wife's eggplant was mushy, it should be firm and crispy, she will not order eggplant here again.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Raz7355

Fort Myers, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Their pizza is still very good, but the Italian meals have no taste. Their sauce tastes like tomato sauce with a little bit of salt and pepper in it. They were wonderful when the restaurant was called Mama Leone's. Now that there is a change in ownership, the good recipes are gone. Mama Leone's is now in Nokomis. Their food is still wonderful.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Arla_VeniceFL
Sarasota, Florida
“Good pizza (grandkids love it)”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is not the pizza your ancestors made in Italy, but as far as American pizza goes, it makes for a great take-out or eat-in meal when you don't feel like cooking. On this, I take the lead from my grandkids who insist on a Leone's pizza every time they come to town. That makes it a must for me. Always properly prepared and piping hot, tonight's pizza was up to the standard that we exept at Leone's.

• Visited August 2012
5 Thank Bill H
Venice, Florida
“Good American style Italian Food”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We had pizza and it was very good. Service was good and overall a good value. Also split an antiposto salad. Server was probably new and made a mistake with our bill (tried to charge us for a much smaller bill) but we pointed it out and she was very sorry. She said she spoke to the manager and he would fix it but he didn't come out. I think he kinda through her under the bus and told her to fix it. Not sure if that was the best way to handle it but in the end it was corrected and we will certainly eat there again.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank RoadHogCharlestonSC
Venice, Florida
“Bad Choice For Lunch”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I should have been more diligent reading the menu outside prior to being seated. Lunch "specials" were all in the $10-$15 dollar range. I was looking for a decent Italian sub...you'd think maybe $7 top end at lunch? Anyways, the closest they had was an Italian Panini. It came with a choice of sides which I really wish would have been optional as it drove the price up. I picked a salad which was 95% lettuce. The panini was good, but not a true pressed panini. My friend had the same type of salad and a meatball sub that he thought was good. One iced tea, a water and 2 subs with tax & tip was $25. The whole thing was "just" O.K. but it's not hard to see why the place was almost empty at lunch. Other than yokels like me that didn't see what I was getting into, most groups of 4 don't want a $100 sandwich lunch. Service was good.

• Visited July 2012